Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [SOLVED] Question About Texturing

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 12:22 Edited at: 8th Feb 2012 12:22
Hi all I'm fairly new to bringing in 3D custom objects into to FPSC. I've checked up some tutorials which are some what complicated to me.

I've manage to actually get my 3D models into FPSC, but whenever I apply a texture to them, the textures are repeated tiny tiles. The two objects in the middle, are the ones I'm talking about in the screenshot.

I used an hill X file from Green Nature and replaced the texture with my own. I did the same with the ground as well. Those worked out well and im wondering what is it about mine that causes the textures to be so small? I use 3D Studio Max, I haven't gotten into UVW mapping yet.[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 19:04
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Quote: "im wondering what is it about mine that causes the textures to be so small? "

they need the uv coordinates setting up,you need to learn the basics of uvw mapping

Quote: "I use 3D Studio Max"

thats good news. there are some great tutorials on the accompanying dvd that came with your copy of max.take a look at the one called materials_and_mapping that should teach you all you need to know.

cheers henry

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2012 22:01
Thanks guys I'll check out some tutorials, figured I'd have no way of avoiding the whole uv mapping process lol

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 17:00
It's a pain to get used to, but it's definitely something you want to tackle sooner rather than later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:36:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:36:59