Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Code Signing Certificate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I signed up as a developer for AppUp. To submit apps, I need to have my code signed for security reasons. I've never done this before. I applied and had it approved. But I'm unsure of a couple of things. I can use some help.

1. It appears that I downloaded and installed it through my browser. How do I check?

2. It says to download and backup. How do I do this?

3. How do I use this? Do I use it when I compile my MSI, or do I somehow upload it into my AppUp Application?
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 23:40 Edited at: 12th Feb 2012 23:41
Hi there. Yeah this is a pain.

Quote: "1. It appears that I downloaded and installed it through my browser. How do I check?"

Open your browser and open up Internet Options. Under IE, that is done by clicking on the cog and then on "Internet Options" from the menu. Go to the "Content" tab and click on the "Certificates" button under the certificates heading. Your code signing certificate (should be from Comodo if it's from AppUp) should be in the list.

Quote: "2. It says to download and backup. How do I do this?"

Continuing from the previous question.. Select the Comodo certificate and click "Export". Go through the wizard which will export and save your certificate as a pfx file. Now you have it as a file, you can back it up as normal (ie on a USB stick etc.).

Quote: "3. How do I use this? Do I use it when I compile my MSI, or do I somehow upload it into my AppUp Application?"

You use the certificate after you have created the MSI. You can do this at the command line but I prefer to make up a batch file - it will save you some typing if you have to redo it! So the code you want in your batch file is something like this:

Obviously you'll need to adjust the addresses as appropriate for your machine. And then this to verify that it has been signed:

Hope that helps . If not, please do query and I'll see if I can clarify.

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Lucas, this was a very clear response and much appreciated. I will try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again and I hope this helps others as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:47:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:47:03