Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sculptris To Blender To DBPro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 04:21
I've been trying to create some simple low-poly models in Sculptris to use in DBPro. I've been exporting them as .OBJ files, then loading into Blender. I can export from Blender to .X format, but I haven't got the UV mapping thing down, so I can't get any textures for my final product to show.

Anyone have any tips?

D.D.
Person6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 22:33
First off, where did you get the addon for .X format?

And I use Wings3D for UV Mapping, nice and easy program, but not for animation, so use it before blender.

Solo Game Dev
DBPro User
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2012 03:01
You can load the textures into DBP as images and then use the TEXTURE OBJECT command. I'm sure there are commands to customize your UV mapping as well, I'm just not familiar with them.

Person6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2012 03:19
As far as I'm concerned (as this is the way I do it) you do the UV mapping in a modelling program in order to be able to apply the texture in Dark.

Solo Game Dev
DBPro User
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2012 22:11
You can get the .X file exported with the texture without calling Texture Object. Look up the texture section in my Blender tutorial; it shows you how to prepare the UV map.

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 17:19
Wow... I forgot that I posted this question!

For simple objects, it looks like the "Smart UV Project" feature in Blender works in most cases.

D.D.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 14:08:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 14:08:34