Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Another Dark Basic to Dark Basic Pro Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello again.

Well I am having trouble again with taking a Dark Basic code example and converting it to Dark Basic Pro. I know the problem is due to my function but I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Is someone could help that would be great.

When we all lend our power together, there is nothing we
can't do!
Please Lend me your STRENGTH!
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 19:05
It's the way you are calling your function.

i) You are not using brackets e.g you'd call it like this

ii) Your parameters don't match. When you define the function, you tell it to expect a string as a filename; but when you call it you are passing it a string, and an integer.

I've not looked too closely, but fix these problems and you will be heading in the right direction

Hope that helps

VGHero11
Years of Service
User Offline
Where exactly is this error? When I look at my code, I don't recognize where the error is occurring if you don't highlight the section. All I know is that you are saying that I'm not using brackets, but I am.

When we all lend our power together, there is nothing we
can't do!
Please Lend me your STRENGTH!
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2012 21:11
I have remarked the sections with the errors. Following each error is the proper syntax.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 10:19:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 10:19:56