Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [Mystic] Entities still there, or not there att all

Author
Message
mnemonic
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 14th Jan 2007
Location: Sweden
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 01:28
Somtimes I get some strange effects. Sometimes wehen I place an entity, it's not even there when I test the game. Messing around with it a bit, changing it's scripts and so might help sometime, but sometimes not.

But now, for a couple of minutes ago, I was making a level with the dungeon pack, I was playing around a little with it's segments and entities and everything worked fine. No lag anywhere in the level. But then It happened, I made a room where I wanted prison cells and since there are not entities that looks like prison bars in the dungeon pack, I put in some bars from the graveyard pack (creepy fence, and this is the first time I used that entity in x10)
ok, done,,, I'm testing the game and I experience huge, I mean HUGE increase of the 'polygons in scene' meter causing it to lag, but only in one corridor and one room in the map and these scenes didn't even contain the fence. After a while struggeling I made it to the room containing the fence and visually they looked fine. Back to the editor I removed these fences cuz' I thought they they must cause the huge lag. They are removed in the editor, and even in the quick level preview, but they still appear in test game. Why? What has happened????

After posting this I will look and see if I find anything suspisious in the model's files and fpe. But maybe someone else has any experience of this?

Best regards

www.memblockgames.com
mnemonic
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 14th Jan 2007
Location: Sweden
Posted: 10th Feb 2012 02:15
I'm back! So I did sheck the fpe file and and the offset values for x and z did not make sense to me, so I changed them to 0, and the problem was wiped away,,, for now anyway,, hope it's persistant.

www.memblockgames.com
srealist
7
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 18th Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
Posted: 12th Feb 2012 03:07
I don't think what you're having is a MM problem rather an x10 issue. One thing I have noticed is that if you use a certain number of instances of static objects, they disappear. One work around is to create an exact copy of the entity and then rename it something else.

But I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-11-18 12:58:19
Your offset time is: 2018-11-18 12:58:19