Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Odd behavior in 3rd Person test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2012 23:38 Edited at: 14th Feb 2012 02:11
Hi all. It's been about 7 or 8 years since I last worked with DB & DB Pro; after seeing the DB Studio Bonanza deal I'm happy to be back.

I've been trawling through the forums for a while and finally have a bit of a 3rd person test world. This code isn't very good (it's just meant as some foundation code to test with) but there's some unexpected behavior I'd like to ask some seasoned dev's to advise on.

The following produces a matrix, populates it with a player, a non-player character and some trees. The NPC is supposed to (constantly) move towards the player, however it's motion appears to be stuck in the 'X' plane.

EDIT: There's a typo that I missed several times while looking through the code... I'll leave this here if anyone wants it. Comments on any other parts of the code would still be most welcome.

- psema4
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 02:34
Could you upload the project? I'd be happy to test it out but I need the media.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 07:58:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 07:58:54