Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Looking for some 3D Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey you guys!! (and girls?)

So, im ready people! Im gonna dump 2D and move into 3D with DarkGDK.
I would like to know if you guys know any 3D tutorials to get me into the 3D World of DarkGDK.

If you don't... What should i do first?
Just try to get into this "world" as fast as i can.

PS: Im tired of 2d xD

C++ Medium 3.5/5
www.oryzhon.com <-- My company's website (W.I.P)
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
DGDK comes with some tuts:

Quote: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tutorials"

There's not much difference between them except that you are dealing with a 3rd dimension. You load/create objects, texture them, then put them in 3D space, and DGDK does the rest. You have to make your world act/react so that the game is fun to play, but asside from the 3D aspect, it's the same as any 2D game. Try the tuts and let me know if there's anything you don't understand.

The fastest code is the code never written.
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 04:41 Edited at: 15th Feb 2012 05:27
Well i would do the one that comes with Darkgdk like Hawkblood said. I then would make somthing simple such as making a door open and close when your near it, elevator, somthing like that on that tutorial that comes with darkgdk. for collision i use Sparkyscollision system.

And for tutorials maby you can look at some of these i dont know if he is going to add more or not but it might be a good start.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pqowieuryt101/featured

btw i think he only has one video that is a 3d tutorial but he has downloads at the right of the page that you can download and see if you can learn from his code that he has already written.

Hope this helps!!!

EDIT

I just downloaded a game that he created and it turns out that it is a .exe so you cant see the code. um....i will keep searching for a tut for you. If yo cant find one im sure the TGC community will be glad to help.

California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 06:21
My advice is to use a 3D modelling program and get some understanding from that first. At least it gives you a start with learning about objects, lights and especially the camera.

It's so easy in DBP and GDK to create your first object, but, without understanding the camera (position and where it's looking) you won't get very far. And learning about the lights will pretty up your first scenes...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, first of all, thanks for the replies

About the tutorials inside darkgdk package, i think i can follow them just to start
Thanks

@Oster
Thanks a lot for the help, i followed the 2d tutorials of that guy in youtube and he's very cool, but like you said there's only a 3d tutorial like a user called helpfullprogrammer

@WLGfx
Im already learning using 3DStudio Max and stuff so i can make my own models.

Thanks a lot guys and i will keep you updated by this post

C++ Medium 3.5/5
www.oryzhon.com <-- My company's website (W.I.P)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:20:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:20:02