Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Which is best to use, DP_pro online or just the regular DP_pro?

Author
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2012 21:27 Edited at: 16th Feb 2012 22:37
Which is best to use, DP_pro online or just the regular DP_pro that you get from the cd?

I noticed the DP_pro online version has a nice editor screen that I like. But what's the difference between that and the cd version? Is the cd version more complete?

I noticed the Online version works o.k. until I upgrade it with U761 and then it doesn't work anymore. So right now I'm sticking with the 2010 online version that I downloaded.

Has anyone noticed the new upgrade 7.61 doesn't work and has error messages?

Two heads are better than none
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 00:43
Quote: "But what's the difference between that and the cd version? Is the cd version more complete?"

As far as I know, the main (and possibly only difference) is that the 'online' version is activated online instead of a CD. The new editors come with the upgrades.

Quote: "Has anyone noticed the new upgrade 7.61 doesn't work and has error messages?"

You can try installing U77 RC7 (release candidate) which you can download from the sticky on the DBP forum.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 02:15 Edited at: 17th Feb 2012 02:15
Quote: "Which is best to use, DP_pro online or just the regular DP_pro that you get from the cd?"

Both versions are the same or maybe the online version is newer. In both cases after installing you need to download the newest version (U7.7 beta) or you may have problems on windows 7 and of course oldest versions contain more bugs. Newer versions come with the newer editor aswell

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 21:03
The DBPro free editor I downloaded doesn't show the error message or what line the error is on, even after registering...
I always have to d/l it from my cart/old orders... not sure if that would affect you the same if you upgrade to UC77 after installing dbpro free...

nnndohh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2012 23:43
the DBpro what i have on cd is just an old version what needs to be activated and updated through internet.
after that, its just the same als an online version
Ace of Springs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2012 07:00
DBPro Online.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 14:14:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 14:14:18