Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] The Horrific Journey DEMO v1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 19:54 Edited at: 26th Feb 2012 17:16
The Horrific Journey

You are Private Green, mercenary bodyguard on a research vessel going to the outer planet of Ceres 9. However, strange twisted alien beings are sighted on the ship, and by the time you exit your hypersleep chamber, most of the crew has already been murdered. Are these creatures alien, or something different entirely?

DEMO: Right off the bat you run into Commandant Maximillian Devereaux, who wishes to see you at the survivor's camp. (SIZE: Small)

Features (overexaggerated):
*6 medium sized levels to blast your way through.
*Intense atmosphere, dark lighting and surprise scares make this game quite scary!
*A wide range of weapons to choose from.
*Seven "boss battles" to signify a major breakthrough in progress (I use the term boss battles lightly, except for the final battle)
*Innovative plot and a twist ending you'll never see coming! (Literally, I believe mass guessing won't even get it right)

Some things to note, mainly bugs and errors:

* This is my first [COMPLETED] demo made with FPS Creator.
* There are some bugs. Say, a cylinder that *SPOILERS* goes right through the floor.
* There are some surprise hallucination moments two of which stay after they should\'ve disappeared.
* Yes, I\'m planning on putting end-of-level bosses in the game. I\'m putting in the Devourer as a placeholder until I get model packs 22 and 52 and- maybe if I can find a way to pull it off- 21.
* There is a random symbol next to the hud. I tried to get rid of it, but I can\'t without causing an error. Same with the health visual at the top of the screen.
* Not many enemies, more sound scares, pop-up monsters, and dark ambience.
* The first level is laughably short. The length of level one does not reflect the length of later levels.

In the post below is the file to download as well as some in-game pics. Feel free to critique.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/314415/The_Horrific_Journey_DEMO.zip

I like games.... and turtles... easy to use game development software... and cheese.... Ghouda Cheese.
ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 20:03
Here are the pics first:

I like games.... and turtles... easy to use game development software... and cheese.... Ghouda Cheese.
ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2012 21:03 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 22:59
And here is the link to the file:

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 03:10
why is there a hud saying health on the top left corner when there is already one on the bottom left?

Ok game by the way.

-Tokyomage

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2012 04:50
It should be explained in the first post. Thanks for the comment, tokyomange Actually, I finished level two and I'm currently working on level three out of seven.

sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
screenshots?

ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2012 23:43
give it a minute, it eventually goes up.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 04:29
Please follow the layout guidelines for posting a thread here:

Posting in the Showcase Board

Note that it all needs to be in the first post.

-Keith

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 22:02
Nice but I think this forum is for finished products. That's not to say that you can't improve it later but if you're releasing demos you shouldn't be posting here, you should be posting in the Works in Progress forum like everyone else. Be patient, you'll get to the finished product but you might want to repost in the WIP forum in the meantime because I bet a moderator will lock this soon. No worries, I remember when I was new to this forum (about 3 weeks ago.)

Good luck.

Pvt_Classified

Pvt_Classified at http://assembledpirateswithblowtorches.weebly.com/
ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 22:39
No, that's for an UNFINISHED demo. Finished demos can indeed be released (indeed, that demo is finished, bugs and all. You don't get the bug-free version until release of full game, hah!). I do need a moderator to delete the second and third posts though. Taking up unwanted space.

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 23:05
I see, sorry. Just trying to be helpful. You're fine, but I'd still try to have more substance before releasing a finalized demo, the gameplay aspect seems to be almost nonexistant at the moment, it seems more like a walk through a haunted mansion. I'm not trying to say that I haven't made the mistake of releasing stuff before I had much to release, just trying to be helpful.

About the demo: definitely needs more gore and I think the lightng is a little too bright. If you want models, download TGC store. There's lots of free models and stuff plus you can earn free TGC points by signing up and clicking buy points. the buy points menu will allow you to select alternative ways of paying, like watching videos and taking surveys. Last I checked there was one for installing Internet Explorer 9. This gives you points you can spend on models and media, I personally bought lots of gorey entities.

ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 23:16
The later levels have much more gore than level one. And thanks for the advice. This is made specifically to get the feel of the level: the whole message thing, the sound effects, the popup monsters, and what enemies are going to be in the game. It's not meant to give away too much (considering the game itself is short in the long run, and the last two levels are simply "boss levels")...

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 05:21
Cool. Best of luck.

Pvt.

ZacksQuest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 19:45
Well, I tried using one of the alternate ways to get points, and it didn't send points to me. I'm just a little peeved.

Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2012 13:33
sometimes it just takes a while. check up a=on it every once in a while and just make sure that you follow all instructions to the letter. It can be very picky sometimes.

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Pictures are not shown.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:12:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:12:33