Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Old program staying in memory after closing it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 10:13 Edited at: 21st Feb 2012 10:46
Hey, I'm a licensed DBP/DG Studio owner. It has been ages since I tinkered with DB but I just dug up my disc recently and decided to give it another go.

I'm familiar with basic programming concepts and an old QB/QB45 veteran as well.

I found some great inspiration in the 20 line forum, which seems like a great place to start for beginners.

Anyway, my real question is I'm having this quirky issue with the DBP IDE. After I run/compile a program on it, then close that program, then open or input another program, when I go to compile/run it runs the old program!

I've been having to shut down DBP repeatedly to start/run new programs which is pretty frustrating.

Just to add, I just did a brand new install of DBP from my DarkGame Studio disc, I clicked on check for updates in the menu but apparently there are none, according to the program so as far as I know it's up to date.

Compiler v1.07 / ide build oct 2, 2008

Any ideas?

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank!"
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2012 23:37
the newest dbpro version can be found here. Try that.

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 22nd Feb 2012 17:10
Quote: "Any ideas?"

The symptoms you describe were caused by a bug in old versions of the current IDE. Do as Brendy Boy suggests.
Code64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 09:43
I tried installing the update off my DBPro disc install and when I ran it it crapped neverending error messages all over my screen.

So I downloaded the DB Pro free, installed the latest updated on top of that, then ran DB Pro and activated my Pro key.

And...

it's still doing the same thing.

Ex: I ran some buggy source code and did a run/compile on it. Got a bunch of error messages. Closed it. Opened a clean source file that was completely different, clicked run/compile and the compiler spit out the same error messages from the 1st program out at me again even though I already closed that program.

_) _)
o o
__

Code64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 09:58
Also, now (in addition to the problem still being present) when I double click on a dba file to open with DBP I get a "there was a problem sending the command to the program" error, it opens a new copy of the ide but I'm unable to run/compile anything in that new copy.

So uh...I guess for now I'm just gonna have to deal with repeatedly opening/closing DBP and not dragging/double clicking dba files unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Also, in case I didn't mention it already or an edit didn't go through, I'm on Windows 7. I assume that might be why DBP is yelling at me so much. :/

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 17:19
I had an issue similar to this, and found that there was a temp executable that was being ran everytime I hit F5.

I've also noticed that when I "open" a file, it always runs whatever the last file open was. I have to "open project" to get it to run the new code.
Good luck!

Code64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 17:45
"zeroSlave" wrote: "I had an issue similar to this, and found that there was a temp executable that was being ran everytime I hit F5.

I've also noticed that when I "open" a file, it always runs whatever the last file open was. I have to "open project" to get it to run the new code.
Good luck!"

Ah, okay. Well, at least it's not just me then.

Hopefully, it will get patched in the future.

Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 21:01
Which IDE do you use? Old or the new one?

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2012 22:32
I use the new one.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2012 01:44
It might be because of the way projects are set up. Projects need a 'main' source file (the file that is bold in the solution explorer). I believe this file has the highest priority when it comes to compiling and executing. So even if you close down the main source code file, that file will still be compiled.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Feb 2012 02:54
@ Code64

ironically I must ask... 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

Have you done the usual set-ups required for DBPro to behave [or in reverse tell Windows to play nice on DBPro]?

[Thumbs up to anyone who knows what my next post will say lol]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 17:19:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 17:19:56