Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Text hidden behind Background sprite

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 00:57
Ello all,

I am new to the forums, I have learned much by reading the posts in this forum but can't find the answer to my question.

When I try to output txt to the screen using dbText() it gets hidden behind the background sprite. If I remove the sprite the text is visible. It is a black background image so I'm not sure why white text is being hidden.

My code for the text is simply:

dbCenterText(75,15, "Player 1 ");

Also, while on the subject, I am trying to allow the user to prompt the name for Player 1 instead of simply putting "Player 1" I looked through the tutorials on the forums but didn't find what I need.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Judging by your code, it looks like you are using Dark GDK or something similar. This is the forum for DarkBASIC classic.

That being said, DarkBASIC usually renders sprites above other 2d graphics (text, pasted images and sprites, etc). Try changing the sprite's properties to hide black pixels. You might also be able to omit the usage of a sprite and stick with PASTE IMAGE (no idea of the Dark GDK equivalent) command. That will just throw it up there and your text will render on top of it (as long as the text command occurs after the paste image command).

Hope this helps.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Kerl
User Banned
Posted: 25th Feb 2012 17:09
You are correct, I am in the wrong forum
I wasn't sure which was which.
I am using dark gdk
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 11:27