Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New to DBP and need help installing all the addons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'm new to DBP and I have bought the DarkGAME Studio Bananza package and I have installed DBP but I can't find instructions on how to use the addons that came with this package. Specifically the ClothParticles.

I have searched the forums and the TGC site but I can't find help anywhere and there are no doc files in that archive. Do I just unzip that archive into the DBP install directory?

Thanks for your help.

James Butler
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 00:13 Edited at: 27th Feb 2012 00:14
I have this also and never was able to "install" it either.

So I've been reading the product info pages and eventually this is what I came up with

On this page it says near the very bottom that Dark Physics does this

"Dark Physics

Add features into your game such as realistic cloth, particle systems for smoke and fog, fully driveable vehicles, with proper physics handling, hardware accelerated liquids, and much more."

So in other words I think those files are demo projects and a help file .. the actual capability is "Dark Physics" which is unlocked by activating a product key that you bought with your bundle.

But I'm guessing so I might be wrong!
statichash
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks erebusman, I will try that and see what I get.
statichash
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I have figured it out, (I hope!), and I hope this post helps others that have bought the Game Studio Bananza bundle.

Most of the archives contain only a single exe installer. The most important thing to remember here is, if you are on Vista or Windows 7, is to right-click on the exe file and select "Run As Administrator". Otherwise, the files will not install correctly. I installed DBPro by right-clicking the exe and choosing "Run As Administrator" and then accepting all of the defaults. Then at the end you put in your activation code which you can access in your account online. Then I did the same procedure for each of the addons, DarkAI, DarkLight, DarkPhysics, DarkShader, DarkMatter, DarkVoices, eXtends, Plant Life, and TreeMagik G3. Plant Life has some extra zip files that only contain a key file in each, you have to have an instance of Windows Explorer running that you selected to run as admin. To do this go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/ and right-click on Windows Explorer and select "Run As Administrator", then you will be able to run each of those zip files and extract the key file into the Plant Life installation folder. When you start Plant Life it will recognize that these modules have been added. In TreeMagik there is an archive called InstaTrees that contains other zip archives that contain a collection of image files. I have no idea what to do with these and there is no included documentation on how to use these files. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate your input.
Also, if any of this is totally wrong, please let me know.
DAEvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2012 07:04
statichash -- Thank you! I thought I was the only one having a problem getting all of this up and running, registered and legit.

Any idea about what to do if I didn't install using "Run As Administrator" when I downloaded? I'm running Windows 7 Ult 64 bit.

Game Designer, NOT Game Programmer. Handle with Care!
statichash
Years of Service
User Offline
Just uninstall everything, restart your computer, then install again making sure you use "run as Administrator" when you run the install programs.
Venatusio
Years of Service
User Offline
Uhmmm I have the same issue, I have bought the DB Game Studio.

Gone to my order page, downloaded the files about 20 of them and received my emails with activation codes.

So I installed the first file Dark Basic Pro into D:\DBP (easy enough)

But there are no instructions with any of the addons, do I point them all at the same path and just install them to D:\DBP or do I put them in a sub directory e.g. D:\DBP\DarkPhysic, D:\DBP\DarkLights...

And the some of them (InstaTrees) are just a folder with .jpgs in them.

The there is the question of the updates - I Installed Dark Physics in D:\DBP\DarkPhysics but when I run Dark_Physics_projects_V1 it wants to install it in the default path c:\program files...

Are there some installation instructions for this bundle somewhere, I am sure I can work it our but fear I will be uninstalling it and installing it all again in the future because something was not put in right and one of the addons is not working.

All help greatly appreciated (and a sticky with installation instructions would be handy for future peeps)
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2012 20:43
Quote: "do I point them all at the same path and just install them to D:\DBP"

this

statichash
Years of Service
User Offline
Just install everything to the default location.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:09:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:09:12