Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / sprite program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the best program to use to make sprites, and animated sprites?

Thanks in advance.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2012 06:41 Edited at: 27th Feb 2012 11:20
Depends on the look you go for. I like that cartoon look so I sketch my graphics and ink them on Inkscape (free, awesome vector gfx, user friendly). I then size them and export each cell as a png image. That's mspaint comes in. I use mspaint to create my final sprite sheets (only coz it's familiar). If you're going for that retro-styl pixel look though, just use paint from the get-go. If you need alpha, you can always open your final sheet in photoshop/gimp and remove the bg although dbpro supports colourkeys so it's not really necessary in the case of retro-gfx.

EDIT: Wow, I made a few spelling mistakes on my mobile
Also, if you want different degrees of opacity (alpha levels between 0% and 100%) you can always just cut that component of the image (an aura, say) out and paste it to a seperate layer/canvas, edit the alpha channel and paste it back to where it was. (Hope I explained that clearly). Also, just recieved this in the ADG news letter so I haven't tried it and can't vouch for its usefulness but anyhow, there's Tile Studio

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 08:01:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 08:01:14