Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Win7 dbBox don't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 04:20 Edited at: 29th Feb 2012 07:52
Hey, friends.
Recently, I am using VS2008 + DarkGDK to learn some basics about graphics and games. As my notebook's configuration is Win7 and Nvidia video card, I confront many problems such as dbCircle and dbBox can't work. According to one friend in the forum says, with the command dbSetWindowOff() we can solve the problem of dbCircle. However, the problem of dbBox still exists! I am very disappointed now. I hope you can help me! Thanks!

Gonefar

No pains, no gains
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 06:24
hi, Gonefar

I just tested the dbCircle and dbBox functions on my windows 7 system. I have the October 2010 Update and they worked fine.
Gonefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,WickedX
Thanks for your advice. I have update my GDK, but the dbBox still doesn't work. How disappointed it is!

No pains, no gains
Gonefar
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just tested that dbCircle can work, but dbBox can't.

No pains, no gains
Gonefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2012 07:40 Edited at: 29th Feb 2012 08:07
In the update files, there is a 'vs9debug' file. What's its function? I replace the installed directory 'Lib\vs9' with 'vs9' and 'Include' with 'Include'(the same files are replaced) in the update file. Do I make it rightly?

No pains, no gains
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
If dbCircle works, then your directory is fine. dbBox and dbCircle are in the same library. I had a problem with dbCircle, but not dbBox, so I created a function that did the job for me. Making a box is super simple:
create a memblock the size of the box
fill in the memblock with the color
make an image using the memblock
(sprite if you want)
display

I would even go one step further. Make your function take the following parameters:
location (upper left)
size (sx,sy)
color
bool FilledIn;//if false, make an outline leaving the inside open

The fastest code is the code never written.
Gonefar
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, Hawkblood

It's really ridiculous that your dbBox can work but mine not, while my dbCircle can work ang yours not. Yeah, I define a function drawBox to draw box. What's more, for the convenience, I make a drawBox.h and add it into the DarkSDK.h so that I can use the draw box function by only using '#include "DarkGDK.h". It works well. Thanks for your reply.

Gonefar

No pains, no gains

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 12:49:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 12:49:26