Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / GREED! Dice Rolling Game (AKA 10,000, Farkle, Zonk)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2012 10:04 Edited at: 20th Oct 2013 05:39
Here is my work in progress for yet another 10,000 point Dice rolling game. It comes in right now at just about 15 MB in size.

I only knew of the name Greed or Greedy when I began to program it 3 days ago. I couldn't find any PC downloads anywhere for a game called "Greed", so I figured I'd make my own. - Only after I was halfway done did friends let me know it also goes by many other names and it's much more popular then I knew it was, especially on social sites like Facebook.

So far, I have the ability to play solo vs the computer or two local players with one player using the keyboard and the other player using the mouse.

It uses a 1024x768x32 resolution and all the sprites (dice, scores, and greed effects) were simply drawn with MS Paint. I recorded many of the sound effects including the dice roll and dice shake with my own mic using Audacity.

Simple game. Simple graphics. But I believe it IS a fun little game to play!

- Zaxx
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2012 18:03 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2012 18:28
Ok zip it buster!

J/K

Downloading now, but it is better to zip projects because they may download faster.

EDIT: The game is Ok, sort of reminds me of the old Jeff Minter games with the colourful dodgy graphics.

Zaxtor99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 11:59 Edited at: 20th Oct 2013 05:39
I finally got back to adding a little more to this game I started like three months ago, heh.

I've UPDATED the download in the original post. While the game isn't much bigger (still coming in just about 15 MB), I've added the ability to choose the winning score at the beginning of the game. You can now choose 3,000 / 5,000 / 7,000 / or 10,000 goals to win the game.

I've also added a quick subroutine that gives the human players a quick check against the dice they save each roll and let's them know if they left any points on the table. It points out exactly which dice they forgot to snag and also how many total points the error cost them.

The computer AI also got a little smarter (and the computer never leaves points on the table by the way, heh)

Other additions with this update include a marker in either top side of the screen showing who's turn it is currently.. and a few minor tweaks to improve the program efficiency.

I have more plans but only had a couple of hours to spend on this game tonight. One of my plans for the near future will be to add a small chance of one of the rolled dice turning up as a rocket bomb that can be clicked on and saved when rolled. If two bombs are saved by one player, it will become a bigger rocket bomb.. up to a maximum of three bombs making a huge rocket bomb. On any turn, a player can give up their dice roll to use any rocket bomb acquired to send it over to the other players score total. The bigger the rocket bomb is, the more damage it will likely do. Randomness will be a part of the score damage. Anyhow, this idea shouldn't be too hard to implement and might add a little spice to the game.

- Zaxx
3d Game King
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember a Game Show celled Greed also on GSN
Zaxtor99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 05:22 Edited at: 20th Oct 2013 05:40
Bombs have been added to my game now and it does add a whole new dimension to the game. Now you just might be sacrificing points up or getting even greedier to try and acquire bombs, especially when your opponent is close to winning the game!

See my son who is 6 years old and myself playing it earlier today on this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-EAfYdWAm0

- Zaxx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:32