Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Slime?!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2012 20:05 Edited at: 11th Mar 2012 20:52
Awright, this is REALLY vague, but...

I've been trying to work out 2D slime physics for a while now, but I just can't seem to figure it out! My game stars a slime that is trying to escape a lab: But again, I can't figure out the physics! I've tried sprites: Not fluid enough. I've tried making a bunch of little circle sprites gather in a zone: Slow and weird looking. What can I do to make a proper slime that doesn't look (too) weird?

Tunnel vision yet? Have a carrot!
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2012 06:02
Hmmm... Interesting. But I don't see how that helps much for my applications, as it considers fluid motion of an array - This would be great for water bodies within the game though, so I will be refering to it. Good read. Thanks, Mr. B!

Tunnel vision yet? Have a carrot!
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
You could make your own images for each occasion. For instance, you have the slime blob moving along a flat surface. You want it to kinda bunch up and inch along at the same time have a swelling/contracting motion.... Right? Well, that's not the only thing this blob would have to do. Say you have a wall it has to go over. You would need it to make 1 or 2 right angles as it goes over the wall. All the while doing the same kind of motion as on a flat plane.

Use a memblock to make the texture. You stated before that you had circle sprites moving together in the same zone, but that was too wierd (a quatification of wierd would help-- like a picture). You can do the same thing only with a memblock that you put the circles in and then blank out any solid surface spots for floors and walls. Then create the image from the memblock and show it as a sprite. This could look really cool if you used the alpha channel when making the blob. You would have some areas more transparent than others like a real blob would.

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:40:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:40:05