Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / playing app on actual device

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 22:27 Edited at: 19th Mar 2012 22:33
am using tier 1, all setting gone well (at last) however, am failing to send thecompiled app from virtual device to actual device.

do I really need this or AppGameKit player is enough for the job as the most important is to see the app running well.

note: android platform is 4.0.3 but I didn't install the API for 4.0.1. I only used the AppGameKit manual and the API 9 is the only ine which is used.

one more question:
I couldn't find the file that called 'assets' so I created it and put the .byc and other media in it. correct?
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 22:53
Ah, basjak, you are from Brighton too, I think that makes 3 of us now! Once you have compiled, you should see a .apk file in the 'bin' folder. All I did was copy that to my device via USB and install it... As for the assets folder, yes, I had to create it also...
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 04:23
Thanks funnell7. Happy to hear an advice from next door.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 19:23
Hi,
I remember that I had to create asset folder manually.
About the other question, what do you mean "do I really need this or AppGameKit player is enough for the job as the most important is to see the app running well.".
You do need AppGameKit player on the mobile device to test your game.
When you build the apk with Eclipse, if you have connected the device to the PC with a USB, the apk is sent to the phone by the USB driver, and you can see you app run natively on it (with of course the in-app integrated AppGameKit player).
I do that with my Samsung Galaxy GIO. Is it the same for you?
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2012 17:04
thanks MarcoBruti: I left this thread for a while as am busy submitting 3 apps at intel app store I discovered some other mistakes in my setting such as I downloaded eclipse 64x while it should be 32x.
I will get back to android as soon as i finish with intel things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:37:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:37:47