Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Displaying clear test in AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 05:59
Questions
1. Can default AppGameKit display text (not font sprites)?
2. Can default AppGameKit display font sprites with hard edges, no blurring effect, clear and sharp?
3. Can default AppGameKit set a width (bounding area) to text or fonts sprites, so that one does have to use a code command every time one wanted to go to the next line?
4. Can default AppGameKit set the width between words?

Can AppGameKit display font sprites crystal clear and sharp? I made a special custom font, to have 'very clear' text at small sizes. see thread font.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195188&b=41

This is the font in this the coders engine

In the image at top, the large letter 'o'. the one on the right is my original sprite font, the one on the left is an enlargement from right hand app image, the o from joke, it seems that an anti aliasing or blurring is being done, it lacks crispness, the aspect ratio also looks different and a clipping effect. Look at the larger text on the right, look at the o in joke, see how its clipped, you can see it on other letters, e and y, it looks like it does this to the last character of a word.

If you look at the font on the left, the spacing is very tight between words, its less clear to read.

Another problem is that I am told you cannot set a container, or boundary for a passage of text, I am told I must manually put code into a line of text, to tell the engine to go to a new line, the app has hundreds of jokes, doing it that way is very time consuming and inefficiant.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 14:21
I believe you're changing font's size in AppGameKit to different than the original font's size form the picture. Also, remember that if your virtual resolution is different that the screen dimensions, it will be scalled and go blurry anyways.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2012 15:08
Have you tried editing the mag filter? It might reduce the blur a little as a linear filter is applied to images that are scaled up (or down) by default in AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 16:28:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 16:28:29