Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I make multiple limbs effect a single object?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 02:07 Edited at: 29th Mar 2012 03:39
I have a model of an arm and I want to load it! After in which I surely would like to give it exactly two bones. Thusly I would be most delighted if those bones would put such a force on my model, of an arm, to make it bend at thee elbow.

[] has anyone done any sort of code based limb/bone work for a model?
I'm looking at the sample called SkinnedMesh in the august 2007 directX sdk and it looks kinda confusing.

Something that sound easy to me is setting up the mesh and limbs in gdk then setting the envelopes for them with directX. but I'm sure its more something along the lines of load in the mesh then setup bones and envelopes then export to gdk.

Idk maybe I won't do this project... bleh... they should of put in something for making bone envelopes

[]I have Enhanced Animations, does it have the power?
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 19:05 Edited at: 8th Apr 2012 19:07
Quote: " bend at thee elbow."
Well, if thou seeketh the assistance of such a knave as I, you shall have my service.

Quote: "I'm sure its more something along the lines of load in the mesh then setup bones and envelopes then export to gdk"
Yeah, you're going to have to use an external editor, such as MilkShape 3D or Blender to do this (Depending on what modeler you use, bones may or may not be already in the software), and export to a DirectX/DGDK compatible object file. Once the bones are rigged to the object, however, you can manipulate them manually if you know their unique names/indexes.

ALIEN(S)!!!!!!!!1!! (and sausages)
Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2012 20:09
Thank you kind sir.

I can see that this can be done within code, for the model editors can do it, but the question is can I code it?

Nope.. but I can just use the editors ya?
Benjames8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 01:13
When using dbSaveObject() limbs are lost correct?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2012 20:41
Quote: "When using dbSaveObject() limbs are lost correct?"

no, they are saved too

Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2012 03:31
Quote: "I can see that this can be done within code, for the model editors can do it, but the question is can I code it?"

yeah... No. You can't. At least, not with DarkGDK - And if you were to manually code it, you would have to deal with vertice transformations, translations, and envelopes: Not exactly what would be considered a good idea. There's no point in reiventing the wheel.

Quote: "When using dbSaveObject() limbs are lost correct?"

NO. When saving an object, everything about the model is saved; Vertices, limbs, and UV data.

ALIEN(S)!!!!!!!!1!! (and sausages)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:55:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:55:23