Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / Broadcasting and XCode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 22:36
Hi, I'm currently trying to broadcast an app to my iPhone. I am following the guide very carefully (http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/52_ios.htm), but it doesn't seem to apply whatsoever to the version of XCode I am using.

I am using Xcode 4.3.2. Do I need to somehow find the 3.2 version of Xcode? As soon as the instructions start telling me to do things with Xcode, I cannot progress any further because they don't seem relevant at all.

What do I do?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2012 23:04
You need to stick with the new version of Xcode in order to be able to communicate with the newer iOS devices.

It was a pain when my iPod updated automagically and I had to update my Xcode after I'd had everything working.

Which step are you stuck at?

I can try to help you work through the differences.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You need to stick with the new version of Xcode in order to be able to communicate with the newer iOS devices."

Not necessarily. I have iOS 5.0.1 on all of my devices but am still using and old version of Xcode 3 on Snow Leopard for a lot of development.

If you have a version of iOS that is greater than the SDK of Xcode and it won't let you build and test on the device, you should be able to go into Organizer and click 'Connect' for your device (it will say it has an unknown version installed). In a few minutes it should be up and running (the base SDK will only be the max supported by your installed version of Xcode, of course).
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2012 19:35
Thank you, I would very much appreciate that.

It seems to me as if they radically changed the interface. I am unable to perform the following steps:

Quote: "
Change the confguration to Device / Release / armv6
Select Project > Edit Active Target "agk_interpreter"
In General tab, change 'Name' from 'agk_interpreter' to the new name of your application (foo)
In Build tab, change the 'Product Name' from 'AGK Player' to the name of your application (foo)
Select Build > Clean All targets
"

Again, thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:01:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:01:41