Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help with game level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I just started using DarkGDK and I am following the tutorials provided with the sdk. I was wondering if anybody knew the best way to set camera collision in a game level made with fps creator so that the user cannot fly or go through walls. Thank you for your help
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are making a first person game, you could attach the camera to a "dummy" object that will represent the person's eyes and attach the dummy to the player character. To make a FP game, you usually need to have some collision detection software. The built-in collision detection doesn't work for complex objects, so you will need to get something like "Sparky's".

How much programming experience do you have? The answer to this question will determine how detailed *we* will have to be when explaining the "how to".

The fastest code is the code never written.
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2012 18:45
I believe there is an automatic camera collision function available... I forget the function name.. Look through the camera modules in the documentation, it should be listed there.

Tunnel vision yet? Have a carrot!
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 01:47 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2012 01:54
I've never been successful using the built in collision, besides you need to have collisions on other things besides the camera. So, you really are going to need a collisions plugin like sparky's.

Figured I'd mention Fulcrum Physics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:41:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:41:19