Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / "3pic ViewR" Image Viewer - For Comic/Manga Fans

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2012 23:27 Edited at: 9th Apr 2012 19:30
Forward (an optional read):

So I made an image viewer in DBPro. It was kinda improvised (Okay the whole thing was improvised and started as a GUI-less comic/manga reader but anyhow). I ended up putting quite a few hours into this thing (especially trying to get it to install/uninstall nicely), ended up adding an interface, adding some typical image viewer features and am considering taking it even further in the future (Adding more features, more format support as it currently only supports DarkBasic's supported formats). Well, in any event, I'd be curious to know what people think of it.

Here's the link to the page it's on. There's a download link, some information and some screen shots on the page itself:

http://roundphoenix.wordpress.com/applications/3pic-viewr/

So, any thoughts? What's good, what's bad, what needs work?

LOG
09/04/2012: FIXED the quickhelp error. Bug-free now ... I hope...
09/04/2012: Error with quickhelp, crashes when quickhelp invoked.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 10:13
Hey, good to see you're still around, been a while since I've seen you.

I had a quick play with your software and it works very well. One thing that would be nice is a scroll/zoom feature. Scroll downwards, it zooms in, scroll upwards for out, that sort of thing.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 11:07
Quote: "Hey, good to see you're still around, been a while since I've seen you."

Like wise. Was away for a while helping a friend with an insane project (he's trying to create one of those fragmented plots where each character's scenario is a piece of the puzzle) and doing two of my own (this one and a game that'll prolly be released 2 years from now at this rate, hahaha).

Quote: "One thing that would be nice is a scroll/zoom feature."

It does, you can scroll around the image with the arrow keys and zoom in/out with the +/- keys. Also if you hold the left mouse button down, you can drag the image about and zoom with the mouse wheel (this doesn't work well for touchpads though). There's a full list of functions in the help file and there's supposed to be a quickhelp reference when you press F1 but I realized just before I came here that I'd renamed the quickhelp file and forgot to change my Project's reference to it so the quick help will prolly crash the app now Will fix it later today though. You can still call up the user manual with Shift+F1 though.

Thanks a for the input and taking the time to have a look at it!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2012 11:52
Quote: "Was away for a while helping a friend with an insane project (he's trying to create one of those fragmented plots where each character's scenario is a piece of the puzzle) and doing two of my own (this one and a game that'll prolly be released 2 years from now at this rate, hahaha)."

Good luck with your projects, I'll keep an eye out in two years time .

Quote: "It does, you can scroll around the image with the arrow keys and zoom in/out with the +/- keys. Also if you hold the left mouse button down, you can drag the image about and zoom with the mouse wheel (this doesn't work well for touchpads though). "

Maybe I should have read the manual . I'll give that a shot.

Quote: "Thanks a for the input and taking the time to have a look at it!"

No worries, I'll try to take a more indepth look when I've got a bit less on my plate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:06:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:06:01