Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbDot();dbCircle() don't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have already installed visual C++ 2008 express & Aug_2007 & dark GDK I find dbDot(),dbCircle(),dbEllipse() don't work, there is nothing display
Some other fun like dbBox() work nomrmally~
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2012 17:25
Apparently this is a known error over GPU's, though not sure if its ATI related or nVidia, but one of those don't handle the those commands at all. This is also true for DBP too.

There are workarounds. With DBP you can use Advanced2D but with GDK you'd have to do it other ways.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a discussion about dbCircle not working. I posted a solution that gives you more functionallity than dbCircle.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=193259&b=22

The concept of using memblocks is not too complicated. There are a few things you need to know. When you make a memblock from an image, the first 12 bytes are used for information like size and format, so you will notice the +12 in my position parameter. Also, each pixil of the memblock is 4 bytes which is represented by the *4

Here is a box function:

Both assume you already have a memblock made from an image and the first parameter in both represent the memblock number.

BTW, to make a memblock for an image:

Then just show your image. This assumes you have a valid ImageNumber and MB.
I don't know how much programming experience you have, but I'll help if you don't understand my ramblings.

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:40:28