Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [DBP build 30-10-2009] Main DBpro file empty

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2012 17:58 Edited at: 15th Apr 2012 18:02
Horror!!!
Do backup your files if you read this!

I've shutted down my laptop for half an hour (Major shut down, no sleep or suspend mode). And yes I've saved my files. An hour later I started my laptop, opened my project and... *horror*

It scared the peepee out of me and I almost cried. It took me allot of time to understand a piece code I've been working on for over a week and get it to work in my own game.

- Edit * Sorry a little mistake with file extensions I've made here.

The main file "Rush.dbpro" was corrupted(Couldn't open it at all).
I tried opening it with several text editors (notepad and "Jedit"), they showed me thousands of spaces that replaced my code.

The *.DB files opened fine in notepad or Jedit. But in DBPro they were all empty.

I've put back a backup as fast as I could before the auto-backup started making new ones.. !

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit home premium(SP1) on a dell XPS L702X with a Nvidia-555M graphics card ,I7 2670QM, 6GB ram, 750G WD(Cavalier) WD7500BPKT virus/spam-free and fully updated OS with the latest 285.77 graphic drivers.

I had 3DSMax 9.0 64-Bit running in the background.

Also sometimes it gives me a "UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR" .
Replacing my cursor a few lines will fix this.

This does happen with every single project I make though.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 22nd Apr 2012 22:38 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2012 22:39
Ramon156 - for windows 7 x64 using TGC Apps...

My blog version which can debate here or on my blog... I make slight changes when mistakes or new things are found...

The forum version, long locked... debatable here or.... here...

in regards to your file error... check windows previous versions... [right click the file and click properties... [this may be for pro or ultimate... which I use ultimate... versions only]

or use some applications which backup over time so you can revert to previous versions...

EDIT

Forgot to say,

I hope this helped

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:11:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:11:08