Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Operative

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 20:15 Edited at: 18th Apr 2012 22:14
Operative is a 2d game I've had sitting around for ages in an unfinished state. All the levels, images and sounds are placeholders (much of it borrowed from heli attack 3), but the actual logic is pretty much done.

Screenshots:

It has a built in level editor which you can use to edit or create new levels. Levels can also be scripted to produce moving platforms and destructible objects like in "hello.lvl".

The download is attached

[b]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 23:07
OK, how the hell do I shoot and jump? I've punched every button on my keyboard and found nothing

TheComet

cyril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 23:32 Edited at: 18th Apr 2012 23:33
I tried your demo, and its the foundation of a fun game, the interface is simple and clean, however each level seemed like a puzzle of how to kill an enemy from down here?

Am unsure if you intended this; but if you did its smart and with all the moving platforms I can see this being a fun puzzle shooter, however a message that explains that you have to kill all the enemies in the area would have helped.

Everything ran fine with the exception of the boom.lvl low frame rate; and test 2.lvl doesn't report success even after killing everyone.

@The comet
Try "W" jump and "A" and "D" keys to move.
Edit:
To shoot left mouse click.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 23:46
Maybe it's just my dump laptop, but W and left mouse button doesn't do anything at all.

TheComet

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2012 23:57 Edited at: 18th Apr 2012 23:59
@TheComet
It's WASD to move and jump, mouse to shoot. Also, you can use middle mouse button on a weapon to pick it up when you are near. I'm not sure why it's not working for you, it uses the normal DBPro "mouseclick()" and "keystate()" commands, it's especially confusing that moving sideways works since it's the exact same code... Have you got numlock enabled or something?

There will be dialogs explaining the controls and how to play and I even have a rough storyline to add, but the main problem I have is the lack of original media.

Quote: "Am unsure if you intended this; but if you did its smart and with all the moving platforms I can see this being a fun puzzle shooter"

The current levels are more of a feature test than anything concrete, but yes I do intend the final game to have a significant puzzle element to it. It's completely scriptable with lua so I plan to have much more interactive levels than the current ones.

[b]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2012 10:41
Nope... I can't get it to work lol. Well judging from the screenshots it looks like fun. It's a shame my input doesn't work.

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 15:13:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 15:13:29