Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compile from an .exe file in AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:26 Edited at: 25th Apr 2012 23:39
A programmer developed a program for me using his own agk engine, it doesn't have the normal agk files but an exe file (of the engine?) and the folders for the assets of the app made the engine.

This is relating to a post I made here

Identify this code, is this AppGameKit?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195148&b=41

But I'm not sure what to do with it, how do we open this in AppGameKit as its not the normal project file type. I have asked the programmer but he has not answered my mail, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and that he is away from his computer, though I cannot be entirely sure as we had development problems which some of you may of read about in the old thread, I thought these was worked out, but I cannot be sure. Does any one know how we get this into AppGameKit, that way I can then compile this out to the various platforms?

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2012 23:52 Edited at: 26th Apr 2012 00:10
I didn't receive your emails. More holiday.

As I explained many times earlier, you don't use the AppGameKit editor. You take the AppGameKit libraries (which you get with AGK) along with the assets and bytecode, (provided by myself) and compile them into the final package yourself using the instructions provided with AGK.

For iOS, you need to use xcode and the iOS template, For android, you need cygwin, and eclipse and the android template, and so on.

You have purchased AppGameKit right? Because all the instructions are located there. (INSTALLATION FOLDER/The Game Creators/AGK/IDE/Help/guides.html)

*edit* I've now emailed you the iOS guide for packaging a tier 1 app into your final package.

"here is a an expression to remember - He who has the gold makes the rules."
Paypal disagreed!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 02:28 Edited at: 26th Apr 2012 02:42
OK, thanks Mobiius, now I get it, its the byte code. I was getting confused with the exe player

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 23:54
The exe, and setup.agc are only for the windows version.

"here is a an expression to remember - He who has the gold makes the rules."
Paypal disagreed!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:30:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:30:02