Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Will DarkBasic force my 2D game to...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
require a 3D card? This may sound like a stupid question I know, but I'm making a 2D game and want it to be available to anyone and everyone, with our without a 3D card... So, will DarkBasic force me to require a 3D card for ANY reason, even if my game is strictly 2D? Also, will it absolutely require my customers to have DX8? Or can it get by with older DX versions if the game doesn't require newer features? Thanks for any input anyone can offer...

Ruste

Crusteryan
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2003 06:17
dark basic pro - you will absolutly need a 3d card and if your using patch 5 it's DX 9 or higher.
dark basic classic has a lower dx requirement, but I don't know about the 3d card requirement?

CTP
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
All DarkBASICS require a DirectX compatible 3-D card with 3D hardware acceleration enabled.

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2003 00:26
yeah what Heartbone said

"Nintendo GameCube is the best" and " I am nearing the day I become a Jedi" - The Dark Padawan soon to be The Dark Jedi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:19:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:19:54