Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / RE: Matrix DLLs - Window Handle

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 19:49
There are two commands:

WINDOW CLASS
WINDOW TITLE

They both require the "window handle." However, I can't find a way to get the window handle. I am thinking it is an integer and I know there are ways to get the handle through the windows API.

I welcome any criticism you have that doesn't effect me. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 20:13
Which window handle do you want? The handle for the DBPro window is returned by "get dbpro window()". Other window handles can be obtained by "first window", "first window class" and "next window".

[b]
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2012 20:50 Edited at: 27th Apr 2012 03:18
Thanks. This is what I was looking for; but, I wouldn't have thought that these would have returned the window handle. I was looking for something like "get window handle." I hope I'll be able to get the handle I'm looking for using one of these.

Addendum:

I was not able to get the w-handle of the window. In fact it did not even show up in the list. I used the first window() and then the next window() in a loop until the list was exhausted.

I was using the execute file(x,y,z). Experimented a lot of different ways and just couldn't find the w-handle. However, I did something different to gain the final result I was looking for. It's still not what I wanted but it's close enough.

I welcome any criticism you have that doesn't effect me. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2012 21:31 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2012 04:14
you can use the commands:

if window exist(win_title$)
handle=first window(win_title$,1)
//optional if you want to through the list of parented and child windows.
endif.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:42:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:42:25