Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / Operation Defuse Demo V3.1 (X9)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 01:08 Edited at: 18th Aug 2012 09:29
Developers -
Carnage Productions (Story Mode and Multiplayer Maps) Dark Form Entertainment (Multiplayer programming)

Features -
Iron Sights(Full Version and Demo)
Intelligent AI (I mean it this time) (Full Version and Demo)
Lighting (Full Version and Demo)
Good level Design (Full Version and Demo)
2 Levels (Demo)
Water (Full Version)
AC-130 (Full Version)
Multi-Player (Full Version)
Zombie Mode (Full Version)
24 Levels (Full Version)
Downloadable Maps (Full Version)

Story -
As the world began to run out of oil, all heck broke loose. People started killing each other just to get that precious petroleum. You Keith, your job is to go into training and then get to London and get the intel from the subways. After you do that, I want you to report to base, Clear? Oh yeah, and try not to get distracted...

Keith: "Yes Sir!"

Description - Basically its like Call of Duty, atleast thats what I tried to replicate. Anyways, its like Call of Duty combat. The story of the whole game can't really be explained through just this one forum post but I will tell you that it is pretty deep.

Website - www.carnageproduct.webs.com

You can download the game here - Download

C&C Welcome. Also report any glitches.

Known Glitches -
First door in Firing Range has hole.

[url=www.carnageproduct.com][/url]
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 06:19
Why YOU NO Comment?!

Your signature has been erased by a mod; it needs to be no larger than 600x120.
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 06:49
Hey Slayer havn't played it yet but anyways It looks much better then the original from the pictures. I'll download tomerow and leave review.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 11:42 Edited at: 5th May 2012 11:43
Quote: "Why YOU NO Comment?!
"

because you put this in midnight and asked this question at 5 oclock in the morning^^

u.s.a. is NOT the world.

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2012 14:22
^Haha, your right, I did, sorry about you Aussies, Bosnians, Serbians, Croatians, Brits, Germans, and anyone else I missed...

szempek555
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I have just tested the game, its overall good but has bugs, like on the training level when the door opens there is a empty space where you can see down, and on the second level the friendly soldier is glowing like hell, and levels are really short maybe its because its a demo.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 04:50
Quote: "Hi I have just tested the game, its overall good but has bugs, like on the training level when the door opens there is a empty space where you can see down, and on the second level the friendly soldier is glowing like hell, and levels are really short maybe its because its a demo. "

Soldiers are bright? Go into the setup.int and change the postprocessing to 0.

Okay, i'll take note about the door.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 06:32 Edited at: 6th May 2012 06:36
I played, here's my review:

After having experienced the tragedy that was the "beta," I was naturally a bit hesitant to dive right into the "demo" that looks strangely the same. Save a very few much needed improvements, the Operation Defuse demo was a very bland game that suffered a few bugs, and a multitude of level design flaws. That being said, I shall begin, and promise my review will be punctuated with pictures.

Now, I'll preface this all by saying that FPSC has never been known for it's fluid performance and smooth gameplay. Operation Defuse's demo is no exception. the first half, with no action, runs perfectly as expected, the second half is another story.

A whole. Nother. Story.

My game experience began with a lackluster abandoned training level littered with far too many white lights, modelpack media, and stock EAI guns. The experience begins a bit to ordinary, which sets the expectations low off the start. after walking past a series of targets I was unaware needed to be gunned down, I noticed this peculiar thing.

imageflock.com/img/1336272351.png[/img]

This was especially peculiar since I noticed the same hole in the beta, mentioned it, and it was not fixed at all. Whether that's laziness or an accidental oversight, I'm not sure, but it was quite disagreeable.

I pressed on past into a two story building made of wood, bricks, and granite slabs. It was illuminated only by ethreal heavenly white glow emitting from nothing. The building was obviously somehow haunted, and had fallen into a state of severe disrepair, which only makes me wonder why the <insert military organization that you are a member of> would choose to build their training grounds here, when there are clearly more optimal locations available literally anywhere.

imageflock.com/img/1336273108.png[/img]

After escaping the haunted house of targets and monkey-vines, I dropped out the back window, in a short bout of parkour that could best be described as the most exciting part of the game, into an even more destroyed courtyardish city area type thing with a lot of cover piled about.

I was so enthralled by the concept of making some epic rooftop sprints and leaps that I easily ascended to the roof of the haunted house in a symbolic triumph over it's uninspired inside. the rooftops were equally pallid. After falling out of the map a couple times, I finally got my act back together and headed for the end hummer. I noticed that here, the game had been altered since the beta- the hummer now has a way to exit the scene that is not blocked. I had suggested this after the beta, and it had been corrected. I appreciated it the requisite second and a half before the game faded to black and introduced me to it's second vomit-inducing loading screen.

I could tell I was in for a treat when I finally made out the tip on the top right corner. I could deduce that there would be combat. Indeed their was, if it could be called that. My game-eyes quickly opened to a haze of gunfire, but through all of the drama I saw hope, in the form of a strapping companion. An ally, strangely absent from training, that was here to help me on my conquest into the whoops never mind he died already.

I couldn't tell if he was meant to die, which is okay, but if so perhaps the game could have had him become my friend for his death to serve as a plot device making the game "deep" as promised. If he wasn't meant to die, than it's nothing more than a simple bug or oversight. The lightmapping in the city was obviously trying hard to mimic the more realistic lighting of commercial bargain-bin titles, which it did not do very well. most night cities aren't mostly orange and yellow on the ground, with pitch black towers cresting the electric blue horizon.

imageflock.com/img/1336274359.png[/img]

The entirety of the map ran at an agonizing 60% of maximum frame rate, even on my ungodly, crysis-worthy computer possessing hardware nearing the power that NASA has attained on their recent MARS-5 rocket prototype. the FPSC engine did a good job of hiding this, however, and smoothing it to the best of it's ability.

One thing not seen often in FPSC games is physics. A smile did find its way to my lips upon viewing the enemy guns flipping and flying out of their hands when I ended their miserable lives prematurely. I'm not sure how developer Slayer267 achieved this, but It was quite well done. A diamond in the rough if you will.

The soundtrack was a valiant attempt at a techno-influenced rock opera, and while the songs themselves were actually excellent, they sounded more geared towards a platinum album than a video game; coming off as overbearing and annoying in the heat of framey, buggy, stodgy combat.

Overall, the game was a very small improvement since the last demo. It was enough of a sparkle of hope among an otherwise hopeless development cycle to give me pleasant hopes towards slayer267's future. Operation Defuse may be rough around the edges, and a bit too ambitious to accomplish first try, but with some TLC and optimization, Operation Defuse could be The Bomb (Pun strictly intended.)

And for developer Slayer267, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

imageflock.com/img/1336275105.png[/img]

or in this case, a light oddly placed in the middle of the tunnel which may or may not be an oncoming train.

tl;dr- blah.
apologies for all grammar mistakes, I'm tired and sick.

bruce3371
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2012 20:11
Quote: "enemy guns flipping and flying out of their hands"

This seems to have appeared since the 1.19 update, it happens in my game as well...

SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 8th May 2012 01:27
Played the demo. Hmmmm... Where to start.

Training Map
Okay, the first level I presume is supposed to be a training level.

Try improve on it, think of how COD does there training levels. There is a marshall that tells the player what they need to do, and only once the player has done the required task can they proceed to the next area.

I started the first level, went through the building that had the vines/wires hanging through the ceiling and as soon as I got out the building I discoverd I could turn right, jump over a few obstacles and then I was at the "Win Spot"

London
Add some ambient sound on this map. You're in London, all chaos has broken lose. Perhaps there could be faint sounds of car alarms going off. Subtle sounds of people rioting and windows smashing. Just an example.

The game has lots of promise and I'm certain this doesn't represent the final version.

Gameplay - 6/10 - It's not bad. Could be a lot more dynamic instead of just walk here. Shoot that. Mission done.

Performance - 6/10 - The first level ran fine. Second level had a minor drop in framerate but I do see how this could be a problem on lower spec machines.

Graphics - 6/10 - Lights with no light sources were commonly found. Although the atmosphere was conveyed pretty well.

Audio - 4/10 - Could have used a lot of work on this. The music seems over bearing. It's like "HEY I'M THE MUSIC!!! LISTEN TO ME NOW!!!!" The tracks were good, but not suited for the game. In game music seems fine.

Artwork - 3/10 - In game menus seem quite bland, font style doesnt suite the background imagery at all.

Overall - 25/50 - This has some great potential. For a demo, I don't think it does any justice to what can be achieved. Continue working on this and we'll definitely have a winner.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2012 00:18
^ Heres something sad, I accidentally saved over the London level while working on the firing range level. Well, looks like a redo!

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2012 16:15 Edited at: 10th May 2012 16:18
New Trailer!
Like Like Like!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB-G7SjEQL8&lc=rMt7FggK_37nB8CFfkuU1pcLbRRdlf-r799GXfiTmsc&feature=inbox
EnjoyZ

-Also got the london map back!!!

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 03:05
You only showed two levels in a whole trailer. Definitely add more. Get rid of the test game info and all other HUDs. The music was downright offending to the ears. The only new thing in the video was the AC130 footage.

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2012 22:07
will do

Wicked Blood Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 08:53
To be honest this is just awful... And what was the voice at the beginning of the video? It sounded like a 15 year old who hasn't hit puberty yet.
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2012 01:47
ROFL wicked that was probably him talking XD

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to (600x120) maximum size
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks like it has improved a ton from your WIP thread for this game, nice work. I think you still have a few things to get a handle on but its great to see someone improve at such a rapid rate, I am not going to criticize this in any way for the simple reason that though I believe you got a bit to go at least your going in the right direction....keep it up.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 19:05
Quote: "To be honest this is just awful... And what was the voice at the beginning of the video? It sounded like a 15 year old who hasn't hit puberty yet. "

*Cry* Lol

Quote: "ROFL wicked that was probably him talking XD"

Indeed it was.

Quote: " This looks like it has improved a ton from your WIP thread for this game, nice work. I think you still have a few things to get a handle on but its great to see someone improve at such a rapid rate, I am not going to criticize this in any way for the simple reason that though I believe you got a bit to go at least your going in the right direction....keep it up."

Thank you! Somebody positive

www.carnageproduct.com - Come on over! We have free cookies!
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 23:07
Okay my honest opinion is the game should be free. It not that great at all. You asked for tons of help here on the forum for the game. And you try to make your game as known as possible(You don't need 8 threads about your game.)So also i played the demo and an error came up everytime i started level 2. I will not be buying sorry. Also sorry if i came out as being mean it just what i think. Your first game should not be commercial it should be free.

A lot of my FPSC media can be found here. Hope you guys stop in. http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 23:29
Quote: "Your first game should not be commercial it should be free."

Its not our first game, and I will be updating the demo now.

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 23:52
@Slayer267 Okay cool. Also can't wait to play the new version.

A lot of my FPSC media can be found here. Hope you guys stop in. http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 03:16
updated the demo.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 17:03 Edited at: 17th Aug 2012 17:03
5 questions?

1. Why is there still a hole under the door? :/
2. Why are the crates flying?
3. Why has it become a game for me to find a new way to jump out of the level every life?
4. Why can't I find a way out of the level (other than the method suggested in #3)?
5. Why is this considered an updated version?

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 23:14
Oh dear god, wrong level order, will update soon again! So sorry

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 03:45
Updated again...

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 08:04 Edited at: 18th Aug 2012 08:18
Ooooh More Questions

1. Why are the Americans using kalashnikovs to train their soldiers (and I thought this was a SEAL member?)?
2. Why are there no targets on a training level?
3. Why can I hear gunfire and propeller engine planes in the background, shouldn't the player not be training and be off fighting the wehrmacht?
4. Why does the level once again end (it doesn't actually even end, does the level end?) in Boring Canyon?
5. Is this representative of the final product?

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 08:47
kalashnikov...kalashnikov...kalashnikov...kalashnikov...

why does that ring a bell? is that an AK-47?

anyway, I hope these issues get fixed in future versions, this would be cool project to work on.

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 08:54
Yeah usually, the one in the game is an Akm I just called it a kalash as you don't usually expect the US to be using any kind.

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 09:31 Edited at: 18th Aug 2012 09:32
1. Why are the Americans using kalashnikovs to train their soldiers (and I thought this was a SEAL member?)?
2. Why are there no targets on a training level?
3. Why can I hear gunfire and propeller engine planes in the background, shouldn't the player not be training and be off fighting the wehrmacht?
4. Why does the level once again end (it doesn't actually even end, does the level end?) in Boring Canyon?
5. Is this representative of the final product?

1 - Well, the AK is a pretty cheap gun mate, the US doesnt have alot these days.
2 - Depends on which training lvl u played
3 - Your in a urban area where a war is happening, what do you expect to hear? The easter bunny hoppin around or something?
4 - Again, depends on which level you played.
5 - Not really.

Try the new one!

BAH! Im going up in versions here.

Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 12:29 Edited at: 18th Aug 2012 12:33
Quote: "Well, the AK is a pretty cheap gun mate, the US doesnt have alot these days."

Unless every American firearm was somehow destroyed, I'm not sure why an elite soldier would not be provided with an AR-15 (or any descendent rifles).
Regardless of that, I'm not too sure how the US would be "hogging" all that oil if they couldn't even properly gear up their very best.

Quote: "Depends on which training lvl u played"

That would be the one you put in the latest demo, the one without the flying crates

Quote: "
Your in a urban area where a war is happening, what do you expect to hear? The easter bunny hoppin around or something?
"

I'm not to sure if the player, who is apparently a highly trained SEAL member, would need to be learning to shoot and crouch whilst he clearly needs to be somewhere. The area also doesn't appear to be an urban area. It seems more like a crater, that I'm unsure why the US military would want to build a base that lacks in any population, instructions, shelter or amenities. I'm not too certain how the player would physically get out of the canyon, even if there was an actual zone where the level ended. I don't believe it would be a wise idea to narrowly squeeze in a helicopter extraction, especially with all the me109s flying around.

Quote: "Not really."

Was that not the point of making a new demo? To display the final quality of the product?

Well, that aside, good luck with the game.

Edit: I'll try the fourth demo now

Poloflece

Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 20:45
Thanks for the review mate! Appreciate it!

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2012 02:24
Quote: "Well, the AK is a pretty cheap gun mate, the US doesnt have alot these days."

I'd recommend doing some research on what Land SEALs are equipped with.
A quick Google search later... Here is a list of weapons, directly from the SEALs website.

Cheesehead for life.
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2012 09:04
Quote: "I'd recommend doing some research on what Land SEALs are equipped with.
A quick Google search later... Here is a list of weapons, directly from the SEALs website."

Thanks mate, that should be useful!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:42:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:42:37