Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / AGK Player broadcast issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 00:16
Got a new D90w Android tablet (with ice cream sandwich OS)

I have downloaded and installed the AppGameKit Player successfully to the tablet and when opened it appears to be in standby mode, no errors.

However when I click compile and broadcast in the IDE nothing happens on the Android tablet.

I also have an iPhone 4s with 5.0 code running the same AppGameKit Player file and it goes into "Network Active" mode, downloads the app, and runs it just fine.

Is there a port on my router I need to open specifically for Android, or is something with the new update?

Thanks for any insight on this issue.

Cheers

themaritimer.com
lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 17:20
Good luck getting any answers to this problem..
I have two android devices that exhibit the same issue. I also have an IPad that does not, just like your situation.

The android devices are a phone (LGThrill updates to 2.3.x ) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, (was running 3.1 is now running 3.2)

In all cases no matter what version of Android I was running the problems you ask about were present in my setup as well.

On reading the posts here I have tried various things,
Router, No Router, Ports Open, Ports not open, Firewalls On and Off. In different networks and in the case of the phine I turned its WIFI Hotspot and connect my computer directly to the phones WIFI hotspot. On the phone I could easily hit a web server running on my computer, but the problems persist.

I have given up and have abandoned using AppGameKit for my projects... Good luck to you

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 19:49
Hi,
before abandoning the ship, have you checked if the version of AppGameKit player matches the version of AppGameKit Compiler you have got on your PC?
Consider that AppGameKit player on Google Play is an older version, related to the 1.065, while the current AppGameKit compiler for Windows is 1.072.
In other threads it is available the compiled AppGameKit player for 1.072.
I attach the one I compiled by myself to this post, try to see if it fix the problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 20:03
As far as I know, the player on the play store has not been updated since 1065
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 22:49
Yep, and this is not good because potential (or prospect, as some marketing colleagues call new potential customers) are not able to test AppGameKit on the devices without starting the long and cumbersome process (for low-medium skilled users) of compiling their own AppGameKit player.
I do not want to criticize or discuss the choices of TGC (as far as I understand, they are very few people to manage a lot of issues), but in this post there is an example of the risks that such approach may generate: people say "byebye" before having tested really the very good features and potentials of AGK.
themaritimer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 00:25
Well I will not give up on AppGameKit, its really robust IDE and my market share will double if I can get this to work like I did with the iPhone

Just checked into the Products page and seen that the new beta installer for Android is listed now as well as an updated compiler. Gonna uninstall and reinstall everything see if this new player works over broadcast.

Else I may have to try a compile of my own player, which seems a lot more complicated than it was with iPhone LoL

Let me know if anyone has success with the new updates.

themaritimer.com
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 16:07
I am using 1.074, with a player self-compiled, and it works. Since I got tired to update continuosly AppGameKit, player and related stuff, I think I'll wait for AppGameKit to stabilize a little more. I realize that TGC have some issues in doing regression tests between one version and another: software engineering teaches that when you correct 2 bugs, it is very probable that you are going to add another one, so there is a "smoothing synusoidal" trend in bugs vs time. So I'll wait at least 2 or 3 months before doing another unistall/install . Try with 1.075, and tell me if you are successful.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2012 16:36
Compiling your own player is definitely the way to go.

The current guide needs updating, here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. add a media directory under the assets directory
2. put the bytecode.byc file (your AppGameKit built bytecode file renamed) into the assets/media folder

v1074 is relatively good, but if your game runs in landscape, there are issues with click area for ads, and orientation for text input.

v1075 has dealt with both of those. But I found a different issue and worked with AGK's developer Paul to fix it. (They are great!) That should come out with v1076.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 22:39 Edited at: 19th Jun 2012 22:50
Quote: "As far as I know, the player on the play store has not been updated since 1065 "

What version of the Andriod player is up now?

I am running v1076 and the OpenBrowser(url) is working fine on the PC but not when I broadcast to the phone running Android 2.3.4
That gives an "unknown command" error at that line #
Everything else in my game is working fine when broadcasting.
I'll wait for the approval of the next updated one I guess, but I will be glad when I can test the high score server sided scripts with those new HTTP goodies.
Now, with the squashed bugs of TGC's latest efforts, my program can handle more code, so I have added several new features with a couple more to come.
These lateset updates are great!
Thanks TGC!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 23:27
Try downloading and installing the player from your TGC Your Products page.

The player really needs to be the same version as your IDE, otherwise it will not know all the commands. As you discovered.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:19:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:19:05