Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Please give some advice to improve fruit warriors,here is a full windows version.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2012 18:27 Edited at: 14th May 2012 18:29
Fruit warriors has been online for about a half month. More than 4000 people have downloaded it from apple app store. Some one like it ,and some one don't like it. Anyway, I want to make a new version, take some people's advice, improve the Fruit warriors.

You can download the windows full version for free from the dropbox. After you passed through the levels, please give me some advice. Thank you very much!

The windows version link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/odkfhlkbjbr8kq8/FruitWarriors.rar

another, here is ten free code to download it from app store.
the link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-warriors-hd/id479468525?ls=1&mt=8
J4LWK3FRRYMY
NW6T934E7J9W
7MHLY4HMY9JN
E4RN6NFAPP4K
PXAE7HWR3RXY
6R9X7XNX436X
J7JN9EF46NK3
EP7YE7N37WKE
YPRF7RT49MKX
XTAHL7KWATXM

For Andriod,there are a lot of work to do with window resolution. I feel very sorry, I have no enough time to do this now.

Hope you enjoy it.

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2012 18:47
That's very generous Halley! I'm sure this will help generate some interest in your game

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 16:35
Is there anyone who has downloaded Fruit warriors?

The Miracrea Games
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 16:38
I have Halley but sorry, I have been working day and night since Friday, I'm trying to find time to test it properly for you!

halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 16:40
@baxslash, Thank you very much! But I think you should have a good rest before you have time to test the game.

The Miracrea Games
SimpleProgram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 06:24 Edited at: 16th May 2012 06:26
Im glad that i am finally able to play this game, i've seen it on the forums for a while now but have been unable to try it till now.

Its a really solid game, excellent graphics and sound along with captivating game play. Although there were some small things that i noticed that you might want to consider putting in the game.

First: I noticed that when the apples got smashed on the ground when they miss a zombie...the splat mark was red. The last time i ate a apple I can recall that the inside was white. So maybe you might want to change the color on that, possibly white with some smalls red markings for the skin of the apple.

[img]bitten apple[/img]

Second: I saw that there was a small bar on the bottom right of the screen. I had no idea what this was for until i played through more levels. You might what to put a indicator or text on there to tell the player how many zombies are left.

Third: The octagon sprite on the bottom left of the screen does not show how full it is. Only when one block is completely full does it turn green. I think that it should slowly rise (with an animation of course) as it is filled up from defeating zombies.

Hope this helps.

Programming and video games, what else could you need?
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2012 18:33
@SimpleProgram, Thank you very much! I'll take your advice.

The Miracrea Games
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading the windows demo now, will let you know what I think after playing! Did you have any luck with your speed issues?

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 11:02
A new twist on a classic tower defense concept. I am afraid it's not a game for me. I feel it is lacking something and the game becomes boring for me very quickly. I don't like Angry Birds either but at least that one I played a couple of levels. It can't even be compared to Plants vs Zombies. Which I guess inspired you to make this game? I have played through that game twice.

Some pointers:
1. Intro text is a bit hard to read, make it pure white or add a shadow.
2. Translation could be a bit better. The choice of words are weird here and there.
3. Main menu buttons are bugged. Hold the mouse button down and move the pointers over the buttons. They don't always turn off.
4. Transition into the Goals is too slow/long.
5. There is no way to select levels (look at Angry Birds etc).
6. You should have a hint screen pop up before the start of the first few levels instead of the way your tips are displayed now.
7. I got 2 stars on each level I played. But there is no explanation of why I didn't get 3.
8. Star rankings are pointless unless I can select levels to replay.
9. Show what the upgrades do, and allow the player to undo them. This way the player can choose exactly how to tackle each level. I think this requires a whole different approach to the system though.
10. On PC it would be nice if the fruits could be selected with the number keys.

SimpleProgram had good ideas as well.

Again, I find the gameplay itself to be a bit lacking. All the above tips only fixes some rough edges. They may make some like the game but they won't make the game great. Art is excellent and there's nothing wrong with the programming, the problem lays in the game design. I am sorry but I have no idea on how to improve that. But I hope it is something your team can think about for your next project.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 16:09
wow i really enjoyed this game!
aweosme work, keep it up!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 18:02 Edited at: 1st Jun 2012 18:04
I just downloaded the Windows version.

The artwork is great and the layout very nice. The intro good, the Goals and Credits pages also good.

An option to turn off music would be nice.

And there should be an 'Exit' option so that the game exits cleanly.

However, I could not play the game.

I clicked on 'Start Game' and got to the Level 1 intro, but I could not get any further. I tried clicking on just about everything and only the 'Back' link did anything.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 18:36
About fruit wars

It was clean,good graphics and also great music,

But, Its well,sorry to say,unfinished to me any how.

How do i mean?

All you do is stand there and click the screen,a time passer more then anything,like solitar,to pass the time.

What I would do to make it better?

Make the player fruit walk forward like mario does,make him jump,hit other fruit,give it a story line per level.

Make the background a animated sprite so it loops as you walk,this is what I would do.

Make fruit wars a mario like fell,see this is the great part,its all fruit,there is so much you can do with it.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 07:27
i found a bug of some sort.

On level 24 (i think), where the guy with a sword first appears, he was walking towards the left part of the screen and instead of attacking me he just walked of the screen and i got stuck, i couldn't pass the level, i killed everyone else except him

Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 11:28
Can you tell me, why the game doesn't start on Windows XP??? Error just shows on white screen...
DazzyF
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, just downloaded the windows version and found the game very entertaining, loved the graphics, although like a previous post, if you are making a second version, I would make it so the fruits interact with the zombies, or move about the screen.
But that said, this would be a great mobile game and could pass on a bit of time.

Well done.

www.dazzyscds.co.uk
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 14:02
halley,

I'm pulling together a selection of games made with AppGameKit as part of a video montage to show what's been done. Could you make available to me a version of the game for PC from which I can capture some footage?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 15:53
Rick, I may still have an older version for Windows that Halley sent me to try out if you don't hear from him. I'll take a look if you let me know. I'm on my other laptop at the moment so I can't check right now...

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 17:02
I have advice, the forum should support replying by email. When I saw this, I wasn't at computer, and can't reply it.

I don't have a windows version now. but I can capture some videos.

The Miracrea Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:56:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:56:24