Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / WIP: Physics Drawing Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 16:47
Hi,

It's been a long time since I've done any games programming, but I've been meaning to get into mobile phone games for a while and when I saw the discount on AppGameKit last weekend decided to go for it

I'm working on a physics-based game in which you draw lines on the screen to guide a ball to the goal (while also hitting targets along the way). The attached video will hopefully demonstrate it better! n.b. the recording seems a bit sluggish, but the game runs at a constant 60fps on computer and samsung galaxy ace.

So far I've been working on the basics - have got the line drawing sorted out and added various other drawing functions (eraser, undo last line, clear all etc). The graphics are just placeholders at the moment - will develop a 'theme' for the game in due course.

I intend for this game to have a lot of levels and I've got many ideas for new levels and obstacles to include. Hopefully posting this here will keep me motivated too

Here's a picture too:

Any comments welcome!
Robin

[center]
"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th May 2012 17:36
very interesting!

also your website... WP or Drupal?

how come you got so many games listed there including Evochron Legends wow

Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 17:41
Thanks - website is drupal. www.darkbasicgames.com was a site I made as a showcase/gallery for anybodys db games. I also have another website which is just for my own games: www.robinsgames.com

[center]
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 20th May 2012 18:14
very nice had a quick look, DBC based games... I see, haha one of them reminds me of a tv show from the late 90's... can not recall the name... reboot?

but yeah I recognised that Drupal template... hehe

looking forward to see what else you produce as well as I will be trying to create new things myself but currently delving into web development...

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 14:06
Very cool! Good luck with this one, I can see it being very popular.

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 15:10
Sounds like a fun game to play!
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 22:05 Edited at: 22nd May 2012 22:06
Have been working on setting up the game for the different levels - I've attached a new video showing me playing levels one and two. Ignore the crash at the end of the video It's all working smoothly and the way I have it set up now will make it easy for me to add as many different levels as I want.

Next thing I'm going to work on is the scoring system - basically the less 'ink' you use drawing lines, the more points you get Will set up a high score table for the total score across all the levels, as well as individual scores for each level.

Movie here: https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2352899

[center]

Attachments

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
Bravo, that looks great. Let me know if you need any music for it.

Signature removed by moderator. Please do not give out the meaning of life in an open forum.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 00:43
looks nice
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 23:34 Edited at: 7th Jun 2012 23:38
Have been making progress with this, but it's mainly 'behind the scenes' stuff, so nothing exciting to show really! I put together a scoring system based on the amount of 'ink' you've used drawing the lines, which is displayed after each level, like in the screenshot below (graphics will all be overhauled once all the programming is complete):

Am off on holiday tomorrow for a week or so, so won't be making much progress in the near future, but my rough plan is:

- Add the main menu, including high-scores list for all the levels
- Add in a few 'effects'...transitions etc between levels, make the blue balls fade out when they're collected etc.
- Add in the other levels

[center]

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:47:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:47:15