Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK, VMWare Fusion (Mac), Shared Folders, No Wizards

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using shared folders in VMWare Fusion Mac/Win7 because I'm running Quickbooks/Win 2012 and saving my backups to my Mac.

I'm planning to take the Visual C++ class at the local community college (taking it again - long story), which requires an installation of Visual C++ 2008 and Dark GDK.

It does NOT like shared folders, and when I share folders, I lose my "Wizards" option in Visual C++, which is integral to the assignments (Dark GDK is what uses "Wizards"). This will make it literally impossible to take this class. I have not figured out how to bypass the shared folder or whatever the "shared folder" setting does to the software.

Does anyone know how to help? Please?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2012 08:33 Edited at: 21st May 2012 08:34
The wizards are just a guide on how to setup a project. If you're having an issue using the wizards due to your configuration then you should take the time to familiarize yourself with what the wizard is doing for you so that you can manually setup a blank project yourself with the proper configuration.

Alternatively, you can disable this "shared folder" feature whenever you need to create a new project with one of these wizards. I would imagine that this would not cause any further issues for your project after is has been created.

This also sounds like a bug in either Visual Studio or VMWare Fusion than DarkGDK.

Trixiesirish
Years of Service
User Offline
The teacher uses the wizard as part of the assignment, including asking questions about creating a project using the wizard. I can't familiarize myself with the wizard if I can't get to it.
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Trixiesirish
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out how not to share folders on just my WinXP VM, so now my whole C++/Dark GDK installation works. If I absolutely need to share a file, I have DropBox installed. I think I'm only going to need this installation for the C++ session 1 class. Thank you for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:23:16