Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Makinkg a digital clock

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I'm trying to make digital clock to top of screen and i'm allmost done, but one little question:

How i can make a clock with no second?
Can i return a day of week in get date$ funtion?

Thanks for answers.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 00:20
0. Haven't read your code snippet as my phone's browser is playing up, anyway; to answer your questions...

1. You simply print/text it without seconds by reducing 3 characters from the string returned by GET TIME$(). Eg:

2. No, but you can get the day with a little effort. You can calculate the day name (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc) based on the day number of the year (obtain this from getting the month, adding the total days of each month to the current date. remember to compensate for leap years by checking for a divisor of 4 in the year) - or something like that. It boils down to numeric patterns, nothing more. Will throw some code up tomorrow (if somebody else hasn't by then) as I'm on my phone (hard to code on a phone). Good luck till then.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 25th May 2012 01:42
nonZero ... Nice!

jsilvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Case closed

Thanks for help!