Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Tier 1 compile fail! (All I see is standby screen)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 06:38 Edited at: 29th May 2012 18:03
It's nearly 4am, and I've been up all night trying to compile a tier 1 app for Android,to no avail!

I've followed the guide to the letter, multiple times, but in the end I'm reaching the same problem. When I transfer my .apk file to my device and install then play it, all I see is the standby screen.

I've checked that the line that reads the bytecode is uncommented in the interpreter.cpp, and made sure I recompiled after making the changes. My bytecode is in the asset folder, along with my other media, and I made sure to rename it to "bytecode"

I've even tried using one of the example projects, but still no joy.

I'm at a loss as to what else I can try, I'm banging my head against the wall!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank,

Mike
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 16:28
Try adding a 'media' folder in the assets folder, to store all your media. Then move the bytecode.byc file to assets...

So you have an assets folder with both a media folder and the bytecode.byc file.
allnewmike
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried on a different machine and I have the same problem.

Here is the log from my interpreter build;

I also have these warnings in Eclipse;

allnewmike
Years of Service
User Offline
I just tried adding a media folder but it didn't work.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2012 17:08 Edited at: 29th May 2012 17:30
As of 1074, you need to have a media directory under your assets one (not mentioned in the guide, which needs updating).

The bytecode.byc and other media go in the 'assets/media' directory. If you use the AGKSplash.png file (which is soon to be deprecated when they update the software to stop looking for it), it goes in the assets directory.

It also doesn't hurt to use the media name in a file name like "/media/myimage.png". If you use the leading '/', it will definitely reach the media directory.

EDIT: I just added a request to update the guides to the google list.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
allnewmike
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ancient Lady! It all came down to one folder... haha. Yeah the documentation definitely needs an update
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2012 10:48
My next suggestion was going to be trying it with all different combinations of Assets and Media... It took me several attemps to get it right and must have forgot which was the correct set up! Anyway, glad you got it working!
allnewmike
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Funnel. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

I'll be glad when this post restriction is lifted -_-
I realise why it's there, but when you want to get a quick answer about a product you've just bought, it can be a bit frustrating...

The mods did a good job of auth-ing my posts quickly though.
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 11:01 Edited at: 25th Jun 2012 11:09
Quote: "As of 1074, you need to have a media directory under your assets one (not mentioned in the guide, which needs updating).

The bytecode.byc and other media go in the 'assets/media' directory. If you use the AGKSplash.png file (which is soon to be deprecated when they update the software to stop looking for it), it goes in the assets directory."

Wow

Thats a real big problem that made me angry all -very long day.

Thanks for the info!
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 13:34
Quote: "Thats a real big problem that made me angry all -very long day."

Exactly the same thing for me. If TGC changes something like this, they have to let us know, both by changing the documentation and a proper changelog

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:57:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:57:04