Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V120 Public Beta 18 (RC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2013 15:05
The camera tilting when the player dies. However, when the player dies, the camera does nothing and he falls straight to the floor.

Don't waste your life
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2013 03:04
Has the action "camshake=x" changed to something else?
Seems to work up thru 1.20.17a. By 1.20.19c and up it's still
there but has very little/slight shake.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
ololo_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 04:26
My test build process on big level took a 6 minutes for the "generating obstacles", it`s normal?

v1.20.17_19f

Attachments

Login to view attachments
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 22:18
Is there a throwgrenade action because in the stock weapon gun specs there are animations for throwing grenades.

Don't waste your life
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 22:32
Quote: "Is there a throwgrenade action because in the stock weapon gun specs there are animations for throwing grenades."

You seem to always ask "is there this action or that condition". You've asked multiple times and have been directed many times on how to check what is available.

First, check the Scripting Syntax. Ched spend a good deal of time to put this together for script reference. If it is not listed, then it is possible it does not exist or may not have been added to the syntax. That's where the second check comes in.

Second check... Go to FPSC Google Code and you will see the various releases (r#). Click on one (let's use r773), which takes you to r773 revision page. Look for the following link:

Click the link, then on the next page click on "View raw file". Now you can view the entire source. Do a search for the line...

"rem Set all condition keywords"

... which will show you the conditions and actions in the source. You can then scan through and see what conditions/actions are available. Conditions are listed first with the "conword$" and actions are listed with the "actword$".

By looking in the Script Syntax and checking the source(s) revisions, you will be able to easily see what is available.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 23:36
I've seen the scripting syntax but I wasn't sure if there are commands that aren't in the syntax. Sorry if I'm annoying you or others.

Don't waste your life
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 23:41
Quote: "I've seen the scripting syntax but I wasn't sure if there are commands that aren't in the syntax. Sorry if I'm annoying you or others."

You're not annoying me at all. I have seen a few posts where you've asked for conditions/actions and you have been directed to the syntax. That is usually the first place to check, since asking if it exists may not get you a fast response considering not everyone uses or knows what actually exists. The other method to check that I outlined previously (checking source on Google Code) is another fast way to check and will answer your question.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
jaropolk14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 21:07
Using 1.20 beta 19h. When loading the game, it crahes with "Runtime error 101 - There was not enough memory to make such an array at line 47336".

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 22:13
This should be posted in this thread.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208795&b=21

Send them a map with stock objects to recreate if you can. Also let them know your spec and what was going on when this happened.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@jaropolk14 :- Pirate Myke is correct could you please post problems with the unofficial in the unofficial thread please.

If you could also upload a stock map with the problem then that would be great.

This error is to do with the huds save and load the problem could happen because you updated to the mod and didn't do a fresh clean of the dbo.

Sometime a fresh install is needed.

This error sometimes happens if you using an older custom hud made for early versions of fpsc.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
jaropolk14
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2013 01:26
s4real ok, thanks. Returned to beta 19e and everithing works fine again)
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "s4real ok, thanks. Returned to beta 19e and everithing works fine again) "

Its recommended to use the latest unoffcial beta as 19h has many bug fixes from e.

If you do a fpsc cleaner this should fix the problem.

If not going back is not helping us fix the problem if there is one.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for this stupid question but I havent use fpsc for two years and now i want to reinstall and use it..so I want to know waht is the lastest stable patch I can use and that works with all model pack and scripts..thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2014 22:57
http://files.thegamecreators.com/betafiles/FPS_Creator_V120_BETA17.zip as the main install.

Then go back one page in this thread to the 12th Nov 2013 05:52 Post and in the download button is the latest update.

Delete .bin and .dbo after install and open your maps.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks..but I think version you linked to me is the unoffical patch ..right? are there many imporovments from v.118 beta 20 that is last offical patch (I think LOL)

is it stable and works fine with all model packs (officials and not)?

must I install all model packs before or after I update to lastest version ??

thanks again

leon
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
The unoffical versions are the most stable of the latest updates.

The reason they called unoffical is because they not been added to the offcial yet but they will in time if its ever released.

v1.20 beta 18 is very unstable and has a lot of bugs with the editor.

It best to follow what Pirate Myke has said or get an older version.

Best s4real

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
@s4real

ok thanks so I 'll follow waht Pirate Myke (thanks to you too LOL) told me

I must Install v120beta17 and after the unoffical release..

only one question

must I install model packs before or after install updates??
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 08:42
If the mp's are installed before the update it is no problem. As long as the installer can find the current FPSC creator folder.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 10:19 Edited at: 1st Mar 2014 11:21
but Can I install them later too?? or older modle packs have trouble when new fpsc version is installed?

and is normal that two updates you linked to me are only few mbytes whle officla update is about 140 mb??

thaks again a sorry for my questions..
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
If you using model packs then install all packs before updating.

You can update later modelpacks anytime but some of the older ones do install and fresh fpsc.exe with the modelpack and where never updated to take them out.

I think model pack 3 does this still and some others.

best s4real

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 13:16 Edited at: 1st Mar 2014 13:35
thanks s4real..

I done how you tell me but after I installed model pack 3 I tried to launch fpsc and it did not start due to the missing of a .dll file .. so I updated to 120b17a(offcial) and fpsc stared and worked with model pack 3 too, but when I changed fpsc-Game with the one I downlaoded (120beta 19h), Fpsc start but when I attempt to test my project, fpsc give me an error due to the map is too big and other things.. but obviously map is very tiny (a little map with few segments only to test is map work)..

where I wrong??

edit

I noticed that on fpsc-game.exe I downlaoaded ( 120b 9h) therei he UAC icon (yellow /blue shield) while in the original fpsc-game.exe not
I take administrator rights on file and gine my user all pivileges but shield remain and fpsc.game.exe doesnt run and gime me an error when I must tr my project
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 22:42
JC LEON
Quote: "it did not start due to the missing of a .dll file"

The problem is due to the missing "msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll"
files. These have not been added to the lasted builds and hence
crashes. You will have to locate and install these yourself
in the main directory.
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
@ ncmako

thanks for you reply but I dont think tihsi is my problem because after missing .dll ( msvcp and msvcr71) I reflashed the v.120b17a update to main biud and all works fine.. I have a crash problem only when I switched the fpsc-game.exe with the laster beta fpsc-game.exe ( v.120b9h)

what I have to do?
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2014 22:04
Do Dark AI characters still walk through walls in the latest beta? I searched the other pages but might have missed something.

Don't waste your life
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do Dark AI characters still walk through walls in the latest beta"

This issue was fixed a long time ago with characters walking through walls.

best s4real

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2014 23:33
They seem to be able to walk through dynamic entites. Even invisible walls.

Don't waste your life
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 12:36 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 12:39
Quote: "They seem to be able to walk through dynamic entites. Even invisible walls."

What version you using ?

These fixes are only in the unoffcial.

Also you have to make sure all dbo and bin files are deleted so they remade for the new collsion.

If you using custom models put up the ai debug so you can see where the collsion is, sometimes the models have the wrong collsion.

best s4real

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 20:15
I'm using the latest unoffical and removed all .dbo and .bin files. Here's a video about dark ai enemy characters with unmodified scripts: http://youtu.be/9jlhgZd8ZHA

Don't waste your life
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 09:11
why is it I can only install the unofficial upgrade and not the official one without getting the darn Mesh does not exist at line 48594

I rename my FPS Creator directory and install the official FPS_Creator_V120_BETA18.zip and get the error,, yet I do the same thing with the unofficial version FPS_Creator_V120_BETA17a.zip and it runs like a charm.

I only tried this again this evening because the screen save with F12 does not seem to be working in the non official version or I can't locate them.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 12:20 Edited at: 8th Apr 2014 12:21
Because v1.20 beta18 has major issues and bugs that why its best to use the unoffcial versions.

If you want to use the latest version then go get the latest unoffical and the report any bugs on the report bug thread as this version is not being updated anymore.

Best s4real

System spec :-
Amd fx4100 runing at 4.0,8gb rams,3tb harddrive space, geforce 450gts
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
I also get an error when editing the setup.ini

it resets to default when FPSCreator loads. Also does not work when systemmemcapoff=1 will cause FPSCreator to crash when building test game, also this version 18, will cause all level to use shaders NO MATTER what, even if shaders is off, same with the lighting, etc

Concept, an Original Idea. A Creation. Takes Effort & Pride.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I also get an error when editing the setup.ini

it resets to default when FPSCreator loads. Also does not work when systemmemcapoff=1 will cause FPSCreator to crash when building test game, also this version 18, will cause all level to use shaders NO MATTER what, even if shaders is off, same with the lighting, etc
"

This version is not supported anymore please download the latest unoffcial with many fixes.

Best s4real

Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 01:26:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 01:26:59