Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / tier 1 error with library??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 07:28
hello everyone when I first downloaded the 1.075 update for the mac I decided to test out my app. My app has link commands, http and more. But when I compile the tier 1 app this shows up (and the app crashes):

ld: warning: directory '/Users/parker/Desktop/AGK/IDE/apps/working wbrw/../../platform/apple/Lib/AdMob' following -L not found

can anyone help on this one? thanks

sov the game creator!
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 06:25
ok I sort of figured out the problem above, But after solving problems for none stop I finally got my tier 1 app to work on the simulator! The problem is when I try to test it out on my iphone 4s, if gives me this error:

can anyone please help me, this is making me crazy! I just don't want to re-type months of work from tier 1 to tier 2 :-(

thank you in advance!

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 18:34
What version of Xcode are you using?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 20:24 Edited at: 6th Jun 2012 20:31
xcode 3.2.5

Edit: I did do some research on the internet and it seems like it has to do something with a memory leak within the code. I would think that maybe my app is too big? but then it is no where as big as other apps on the app store. Another detail is I am using the 1.072 AppGameKit version, because the 1.073-1.075 would not let my app work for some reason. Even with the 1.072 it doesn't always work... If I can I could maybe take some pictures. This is not my first app either that has done this to me too (even from past agk versions, but never in tier 2?).

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 20:30
I'm assuming, then, that the problem is that you need to be using Xcode 4 for the phone you are testing on.

I'm willing to bet that you've kept the OS on your phone up to date.

Apple made it clear somewhere, when I signed up, that Xcode 4 was needed to support the latest iOS devices.

I actually had to update my Xcode 4 when my iPad and iPhone updated shortly after I started working with Xcode.

It may sound harsh, but you need to uninstall Xcode 3 and install Xcode 4 and then remake your Tier1 project.

And since Xcode 4 is pretty different from Xcode3, here is the updated guide (TGC is currently working on updating their guide and I provided this to them to help):

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 20:32
thank you I will try that

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline