Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Compiled apps create an 'Unknown' directory on SD Card...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 00:24
I have just realised that the directory created inside the AppGameKit folder on the SD Card is called 'Unknown', I would have thought the folder would have been the app name... This is a problem as all my saved files for multiple (different) games are being stored in the same directory...

Is this what SetFolder() should be used for? Or should I report this on the bug board?

Appreciate the advice...
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The AppGameKit dir on SDcard should have been removed in 1075.

Are you sure you are using the latest version?
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 00:35
Hello bjadams, yes, I am using 1075... My files are being stored here:

/sdcard/AGK/Unknown/media
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 00:53 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 00:56
Sorry for the double post... I tried experimenting with SetFolder(), unfortunately, all that did was create a new directory inside 'media' within 'Unknown'. I now have this:

/sdcard/AGK/Unknown/media/TestApplication/Score.dat
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 19:22
Hi Funnell7, How are you using SetFolder() to set the folder?
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 23:21
Hello Pilz, I just tried doing SetFolder(TestApplication) hoping this would create a folder directly on the sdcard, but instead, it created the folder inside /sdcard/Unknown/media...
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 02:24
The documentation says that it starts by default in the media folder, so you would need to do SetFolder("") to set it to the root directory, then MakeFolder("TestApplication") to make a folder if it does not already exist then finally SetFolder("TestApplication") to go into that folder. If you need to load any media or anything from the media folder you will need to do SetFolder("") to go back to the root and then SetFolder("Media").

I was trying the commands earlier to to see if we could do "../" to go backwards through the directories, but the IDE / Compiler did not like that. Seemed kind of odd they would limit the program to its own directory. Anyways, hope this helps. Good Luck.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
you can't do "../" from your app dir on android (and ios), as all apps are sandboxed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:12:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:12:44