Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Early adopter discount: 50% off of DarkGDK 2.0!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 13:29 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 14:30
For those of you who may be unsure about upgrading to DarkGDK 2.0, fear not! To help ease your upgrade woes I've decided to introduce a generous early adopter discount.

DarkGDK 2.0 for $30? Whoa!

Hop on over to http://darkgdk.com and snag your copy at this most excellent price with coupon code: EARLYGDK2.

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
wow ! I will surely take it .... Will it available through out this week ? Alas your website is not working !
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is it showing RC4 ? You said Dark GDK 2.0 is a stable release.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 21:00
Dark GDK 2.0 isn't released yet...

[b]
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
!!!! ????? But the developer told me it has got a stable release !
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But the developer told me it has got a stable release !"

I thought your question in the other thread was whether it was stable (i.e.: not crashing), not stable 'build'. It's in release-candidate stage which means that it's nearly done except for what you guys are telling me.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 22:30
Expect a purchase shortly, is the payments instant so i can get a full version tonight or?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 22:32
The coupon is not working...

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I thought your question in the other thread was whether it was stable (i.e.: not crashing), not stable 'build'. It's in release-candidate stage which means that it's nearly done except for what you guys are telling me.
"

So the RC4 version is stable enough for production use ?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So the RC4 version is stable enough for production use ?"

Yes. There is one very rare crash-on-exit bug which was reported by one user and has been fixed for RC5. It is stable otherwise and ready for production use.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 23:04
???

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
RC5 .... I did not see any RC5 on the website .....

By the way the Basic3D 4 - no 4 example is not working correctly. The rock dissapears abruptly while pressing between 1 -
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
RC5 is not released yet. That's what I'm working on now.

Quote: "By the way the Basic3D 4 - no 4 example is not working correctly. The rock dissapears abruptly while pressing between 1"

There is an issue with the stock shaders not being built into the engine. I'm currently looking into this.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 23:33
? Hello ?

Shyft
Years of Service
User Offline
I cant get the coupon to work either.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I cant get the coupon to work either."

What happens when you try to apply it? Does it make a different if you use all capitals or not? It shouldn't but try it.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 00:59
Neither work I even tried to put the period in it... why do i feel ignored?

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Neither work I even tried to put the period in it... why do i feel ignored?"

It's limit 1 per account. You can't use it again once you've already used it.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Shyft
Years of Service
User Offline
lower case does not work either, I typed it in and clicked apply. The code window clears but nothing else happens.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 05:03
Hey Mistrel... before i buy can you help me setup the sample code on VS2010... I have tried everything and no luck... however I did get irrlicht working with pretty much no issues...

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lower case does not work either, I typed it in and clicked apply. The code window clears but nothing else happens."

Try it now.

Quote: "Hey Mistrel... before i buy can you help me setup the sample code on VS2010..."

There is both a complete set of instructions with pictures in the documentation as well as a video walk-through on YouTube. Did you try following either of those?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 07:38
the documentaion references 2008 for 2010 and the images are a little confusing specially as they portray puregdk... but the external dependencies are not in the details and i get stuck with darkgdk.h etc not bing found...

Video? OOOOH LINKY!!!

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "RC5 is not released yet. That's what I'm working on now.

Quote: "By the way the Basic3D 4 - no 4 example is not working correctly. The rock dissapears abruptly while pressing between 1"

There is an issue with the stock shaders not being built into the engine. I'm currently looking into this.
"

Does this mean that I cannot use evolve shaders properly as effects on objects or does this bug only related to in-engine shaders ( the ones that come prebuilt in the engine ) ? Is it possible to pass variables or data to the shader at runtime from C++ code ?
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Hey Mistrel... before i buy can you help me setup the sample code on VS2010... I have tried everything and no luck... however I did get irrlicht working with pretty much no issues...
"

@MrValentine: Would you mind giving us a fair idea about what do feel between the two ? I mean+s or -s ..... hope I am not breaking the forum rule by asking this.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 07:57
what two?

Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
irr and Dark GDk 2.0
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
By going through the documentation of Dark GDK 2.0, it seems that Mistrel has left out ODE Physics that comes integrated with Dark Basic PRO!

But here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196866&b=22
at the top of the listed features - it is stated that -
"Feature highlights:

All of DBP compressed down into a single DLL"

If this is true then the ODE physics commands should also be available , don't they ?
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 08:29
Quote: "irr and Dark GDk 2.0 "

I can not comment as of yet as tonight was my first indulgence with C++

Quote: "If this is true then the ODE physics commands should also be available , don't they ? "

Hopefully Mistrel can shed some light on this... [but *sigh*... just use DP)

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 12:30 Edited at: 6th Jun 2012 12:34
Quote: "If this is true then the ODE physics commands should also be available , don't they ? "

ODE is not officially supported by TGC so there is no documentation but you can still use those commands in GDK2.0 they're wrapped nicely.

Quote: "Is it possible to pass variables or data to the shader at runtime from C++ code ? "

Yes it's possible. Please refer to relevant section in the docs:

Quote: "DarkGDK > Libraries > For C++ > 3D > Shaders"

Don't you guys like reading manuals these days?

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.60 + DarkGDK 2.0
Juggernaut
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "

ODE is not officially supported by TGC so there is no documentation but you can still use those commands in GDK2.0 they're wrapped nicely.
"

So how do I use ODE physics from inside C++ while using Dark GDK 2.0 ?

For example the statement - ODE CREATE DYNAMIC BOX , how do I use this?

Moreover does this mean I can invoke any commands that comes inbuilt with Dark Basic Pro - whether they are supported officially or not ?
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Moreover does this mean I can invoke any commands that comes inbuilt with Dark Basic Pro - whether they are supported officially or not ?"

Not directly, only if there is a corresponding command in DGDK2.0 wrapped by the developer. If you fancy you can wrap missing commands yourself (straight forward process). But as far as I know all commands available in DBPro have been wrapped already + all official + majority of third party plugins.

You can check the template files to find if a necessary command has been wrapped already. Just go to
Quote: "DarkGDK\templates\libraries"
and explore.

Quote: "For example the statement - ODE CREATE DYNAMIC BOX , how do I use this?"

Like this:

Quote: "void ODE_CreateDynamicBox(int32_t objectID);"

or this:

Quote: "void ODE_CreateDynamicBox(int32_t objectID, float width, float height, float depth);"

dgdk-ode.h:

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.60 + DarkGDK 2.0
Shyft
Years of Service
User Offline
Before I buy, I wanted to ask what single seat license means. I have a desktop at home and a laptop that I take with me that I want to be able to use GDK in. Is that going to work?

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "single seat license"

Typically it means "per head" i.e. per single developer. I suppose you can't buy one license to use it in high production environment (e.g. 10+ developers). So to answer your question, yes, you should be fine and it will work.

Mistrel, correct me if I'm wrong.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 10:31
not sure how long it takes for purchases to register, but mine hasn't yet after 24 hours...
there is 1 product listed, but that one is (i assume) the free upgrade from v1.0 of DGDK. I should now have 2 (and it's not showing up in my purchase history).

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "not sure how long it takes for purchases to register, but mine hasn't yet after 24 hours..."

If you paid with an e-check or bank transfer then you have to wait for it to clear.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 16:24 Edited at: 10th Jun 2012 20:33
hmmm, ok...; I paid with credit card through paypal but it looks like that that may not have cleared yet for some reason. will keep an eye on it to see what happens...

EDIT: ok. it's been a few more days now and the funds have cleared out of my credit card account. assuming that this is not a manual ordering process and that it's automatic, then something hasn't worked properly...fyi in case you need it, the paypal transaction id is 9FE27139SS324335H.

Gamestar
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All...

Well i know people have been having a good moan about paying,Website up and fully running and the payment System works a treat,went for the early adoptive Scheme with the Eaely coupon Code...WOW 50% off,can't complain at that...

Derek
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 03:57
Don't have money for it at the moment. But will the deal still be up on Monday?
I get $20 bucks on Money haha.
I hate being a full-time student sometimes.

mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 11:56 Edited at: 15th Jun 2012 11:57
Hello Mistrel, don't want to keep harping on about this, but could you please check and resolve the problem of my product purchase as raised here? Thanks in anticipation.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hello Mistrel, don't want to keep harping on about this, but could you please check and resolve the problem of my product purchase as raised here? Thanks in anticipation."

I do not see an order with that transaction ID. Please send an e-mail to support@darkgdk.com with your DarkGDK.com username, and order date. Also, please confirm the transaction ID.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 21:44
Quote: "irr and Dark GDk 2.0"

Irrlicht is a dedicated 3D graphics engine with limited support for input and GUI. It doesn't have any built-in support for sound, physics, AI, or 2D. Irrlicht doesn't use IDs to denote different models or textures, instead using pointers to the assets directly. Irrlicht is more similar to OGRE than to DGDK as DarkGDK is not object-oriented while Irrlicht is. I don't know about performance, but Irrlicht should be faster though DarkGDK2.0 should be pretty close to it.

Marabas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 19:13 Edited at: 19th Jun 2012 18:52
OK, I just signed up for the early adopter offer through my PayPal account. Here's hoping the process doesn't take too long

EDIT: Mistrel, will I see something different in my account if/when the payment is approved or does it just extend the life of the free version I already have?

Signature removed by moderator. Please do not give out the meaning of life in an open forum.
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 10:53
Quote: "Please send an e-mail to support@darkgdk.com..."

Um, I've done this with no word back yet on what's happening...
Could you please let me know what the status on getting this resolved is? In the unlikely event that you can't match my purchase info with your sales info, what's next?

aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 01:10
So will RC5 support VB.NET (2008 or 2010)? So that I can also use all of my plugins purchased to date for DBPro?

DarkClouds
DarkAI
Extends
DarkLights
DarkNet
DarkOcclusion
DarkVoices
DarkPhysics
DarkShader
Ezrotate

?

If can use this with VB.NET for my next project, I'll be one happy camper!

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "DarkClouds
DarkAI
Extends
DarkLights
DarkNet
DarkOcclusion
DarkVoices
DarkPhysics
DarkShader
Ezrotate"

All of these are supported apart from Occlusion. It's not yet released as a stand-alone dll plugin, but it's in the works. I suppose as soon as there is a dll version it will be supported as well.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 02:39 Edited at: 21st Jun 2012 02:41
Thanks Olby. My question is more about using Visual Basic.NET, and not so much the plugins. Although, I am glad to know the plugins work in the GDK. But I am not a C/C#/C++ programmer, nor do I care to be. Visual Basic is my forte, so thats of the most importance to me.

My last product, "Airline Sharks" was created using DarkGDK.NET with Visual Studio 2008, written entirely in Visual Basic and I loved it. But, it did not support any of my purchased plugins, only DB Pro. So, unless this GDK can support the plugins natively for Visual Basic, it doesn't provide me with anymore capability.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hello Mistrel, don't want to keep harping on about this, but could you please check and resolve the problem of my product purchase as raised here?"

The discrepancy has been corrected and I have credited your account. I also sent you an response by e-mail.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My question is more about using Visual Basic.NET, and not so much the plugins."

I suppose it will support both versions due to way GDK 2.0 is designed. It compiles headers automatically for your language of choice. So there's less work involved to port GDK to another language. Diggsey can clarify this more as he is responsible for the new .NET support in 2.0.

Perhaps meanwhile you can fumble around in PureBasic. I do all my DBP coding in PB nowadays.

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 12:21
Quote: "The discrepancy has been corrected and I have credited your account. I also sent you an response by e-mail."

Thanks, things look much better now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:34:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:34:24