Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 1.76 openGL error message glBindFranebufferTE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 18:28
I had installed AppGameKit 1.076, and, when compiling and running old projects, the following message is displayed: "Failed to get OpenGL extension glBindFramebufferEXT.
My system is an HP laptop with Windows XP SP3.
Some
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 18:29
Sorry, I posted the incomplete note.
I had installed AppGameKit 1.076, and, when compiling and running old projects, the following message is displayed: "Failed to get OpenGL extension glBindFramebufferEXT.
My system is an HP laptop with Windows XP SP3.
Pls someone should tell me if I have got to open a formal bug in the Google bugtracker system, or it is a know issue, and TGC is working on it.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 03:39
That was a command that was going to be used for render to texture functionality, but it is currently not used. It will warn you that your graphics card is not capable of rendering to texture but it won't affect what AppGameKit currently does.
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 13:15
Thanks a lot!
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 10:03
I'm getting this message too when running my apps on Windows XP after compiling in 1076. Is this a bug?

After clicking OK the app runs normally - can the message not be displayed. It gives the user the impression there is something wrong.

E
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 16:26
The warning will be turned off in 1077, but it means your GPU may not be able to support future versions of AppGameKit that use this command.

Out of interest can anyone that gets this warning message post their GPU make and model in this thread please.
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 16:37
OK, thanks Paul.

Graphics on the Windows XP PC tested on:
Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family - GMA 3100

E
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 16:07
I suppose that this is not supported on Intel Graphics adapter.
Mine, on HP laptop, is
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Famili - GMA 4500 MHD.
A strong advice: pls remove the warning and keep compatibility, this is important because Intel chipset are widespread on latpop and you cannot restrict AppGameKit functionalities only to specific hw. Otherwise it would become as DBPro, where a game works on a given PC with a Windows and DirectX flavour, and does not work on another PC slightly different. This is no good
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 17:13
Yes, I agree. Eliminating certain GPU's will cause problems and affect potential sales for Windows releases (for AppGameKit and the games we write).

E
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a patch available ?

I am not english so xcuse my syntax, grammary or anything else wich could occure some ununderstanding

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 05:03:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 05:03:10