Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 04:36 Edited at: 10th Jun 2012 04:37

Cristallus HD SCREENSHOT

This is my first real project with AppGameKit after playing around with it for a few days. I don't own AppGameKit yet, but I'm hoping if I can get a working demo together it'll convince me to buy.

The game is called Cristallus, a puzzle game that involves navigating terrain collecting crystals while avoiding traps and enemies. The way the game is played is the world is paused, and your player starts at one area of the map. You then click the map and setup waypoints. You hit go and your player will move through the level to each waypoint until all the crystals are collected, or your at the end of your waypoints and the game will pause again.

Score is based on how many waypoints used/minimum needed + how many turns taken.

I'm hoping to make a nice little brain teaser that gradually get's harder, yet easy to play.

I'm developing with the new iPad3 in mind... unfortunately I can't test it. It's been a little frustrating getting the screen resolution to work and test with considering the HD quality of the iPad3...for some reason I can only take screenshots with Fraps and the resolution is so big it almost takes up both of my monitors. Also with my first graphic test I realized I made my tiles too small, lol...I'll need to remake those.

If I can get path-finding and level creation down easy this project should move fast...hopefully.

Otherwise, AppGameKit has been very easy to dive into.

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 10:08
Nice Moondog! Really like the clean visuals. Puzzle games can get way too caught up with the look, and miss the usability entirely. Any ETA on something playable? I take it that you are using Tier 1?

Looking forward to playing it! Make a version for Android phones and I am all over that

Greenlig

Your signature has been erased by a mod as it is far too big.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 11:02
Very nice graphics Moondog

I have very little interest in puzzle games and can't really comment on your game idea except that it would work.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 14:02
Quote: "Nice Moondog! Really like the clean visuals. Puzzle games can get way too caught up with the look, and miss the usability entirely. Any ETA on something playable? I take it that you are using Tier 1?

Looking forward to playing it! Make a version for Android phones and I am all over that "

Thanks! I'm hoping to make the game challenging enough to have replay-ability while providing a challenge. The graphics aren't too complex and actually only took an hour to throw together. I want to throw it at as many platforms as possible, the version you see is just the HD version for ipad.

Quote: "Very nice graphics Moondog

I have very little interest in puzzle games and can't really comment on your game idea except that it would work."

Thanks. I didn't really explain the game too well. Once I get more done I'll release a vid. The game is meant to get you into a 'chess' style thinking, planning multiple moves ahead of time.

I plan to add a ton of features including different style traps, player skills and tons of death sequences. Think 1000 ways to Die, puzzle addition...with cute graphics.

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 15:36
Quote: " The game is meant to get you into a 'chess' style thinking, planning multiple moves ahead of time. "

That's exactly the kind of game I love Josh so keep up the good work.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 19:44
And I don't like chess at all. So I'm not one to comment on your gameplay.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 19:56
Quote: "And I don't like chess at all. So I'm not one to comment on your gameplay."

Lol, oh well to each his own.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 21:58
Looks great josh, can't wait

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 13:47
It sounds like a very workable idea. I like the idea of predicting how the path-finding may pan out, which for a programmer is a good skill to have!

One caution is to decide how you will deal with 2 (or more) paths that have the same cost. For a simple example, if the AI always prefers vertical first then horizontal, it could frustrate the player who wants to do the opposite and knows the system is "flawed" in his logical opinion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:00:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:00:56