Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Tier 2 - Compile error using NDK r9 and Cygwin 1.7.15

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is my first time trying to compile the template_android source via Cygwin with NDK.

It certainly looks like I am missing a path or file. I am following the guide on the AppGameKit documention for Android. Should I be using NDK r6b or missing something else?

Log.txt

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 20:35
Can you show us your android directory structure (all the android and agk and project bits) that you are using?

And also, the exact commands you are executing and directory you are executing them in. (Please don't just say 'what it says in the guide'.)

When I just tried to compile the template_android project I got a bunch of other errors (none of yours). All were complaining about stuff in 'C:/TGCSHARED/AGKWorkspace/GDKPro/libprojects..'. No such directories exist and this looks like it is trying to do stuff with GDKPro, not AGK. There were lots of other errors all about references not being found.

Question for everyone out there: Has anyone successfully built a Tier 2 Android app from the supplied template?

If we don't get some sort of response on this soon, I'll post the same general question in the main AppGameKit chat place (everyone watches that one).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the android_template file structure unmodified.

Compile execution in Cygwin:

Log.txt

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2012 22:27
I'm currently in communication with the AppGameKit developer Paul in this thread about building Tier 2 for Android (skip to the end of the thread):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197781&b=41&p=0#m2363628

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Gehrig
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that.

My original problem was that I didn't have the agk common and platform folders in the correct locations (../.. from template folder.).

Then I ran into all the issues you ran into in the thread provided. In the end, I just did the same thing you did and it is compiling fine. Though, I don't know enough of the code to know why we had to jump through hoops.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
all these problems could have been very easily avoided if the templates were tested at least 1 time before releasing the new build!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 17:31
I do have it as a google list item that the templates need to be kept up to date. There is a discussion in a thread somewhere about doing away with templates and just providing good instructions.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 01:50:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 01:50:30