Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Dlang needs your help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Heyo everyone. I decided to scrap the idea of using templates and making a more D like language plugin for DarkGDK and just retro-fitted the cpp one and its worked out very well (be done in a day or two RL permitting) attached is the current example program (spinning cube) in D.

There is a problem though. When you close the window the cube starts spinning uncontrollably and doesn't close. I am not too sure why this happens but then again i don't understand a lot of the thread locking components of simpleWindow and thus they are lacking in my own version as i don't know how to implement them in D.

The attached has a .bat file to build it with dmd2 all you need is your gdkengine.dll along side it and go... until you try and close it.

If anyone can look over the simplewindow.d file and see why this is happening or how to fix it i would greatly appreciate the help!

Also this is not exactly how the end product will look using DarkGDK dlang its just a test build that happens to be going rather well. Thanks for you time.

I swear to the programmers bible that I shall not harm the FPS.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2012 23:44 Edited at: 15th Jun 2012 23:45
Depending on how to implemented the simpleWindow functions, this problem may go away for you in RC5. There used to be an underlying thread which DarkGDK had to sync with but has been removed in the next version. It's possible that this is causing the problem you're experiencing.

FlexiCat
Years of Service
User Offline
that is quite likely as i have not set up any of the threading stuff that simpleWindow.cpp uses.

Is there an estimated release date for RC5? I still have a bunch of polishing to do as well as making documentation for setup and such and it seems to work fine until you close the window so its fine enough for testing at the moment.

I swear to the programmers bible that I shall not harm the FPS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:30:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:30:02