Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Dlang 1.0 Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 16:09 Edited at: 16th Jun 2012 19:46
Heyo forum,

I would like to share with you a new language plugin for DarkGDK2 that allows the engine to be used from the D programming language.

The language plugin uses DarkGDK2's own native buildlibs so is fully forward compatible(bugs not withstanding) open source and easy to use.

Attached is a zip file with all you need as well as puregdk_dlang.rtf a guide on setting up Dlang with DarkGDK as well as how to install and compile DarkGDK with the DMD compiler and even guide on using an IDE (MonoDevelop) going from start to finish of setting up an example project.

I hope people like it, D is a very nice language and allows some nice things to be done. It is a high performance system language with a garbage collector (100% optional works like c++ without it) and should lend itself very nicely to hobby/indy game development and being rather similar to c/c++ should make it very easy to learn or convert existing DarkGDK projects to it. More information can be found at dlang.org where there is also a friendly community in their forums and the #d internode IRC channel.

If you have any feedback or even if you just like this in general please leave a reply, both awareness and suggestions/reports would greatly help this project.

Thank you all for the support you have given me both with my previous SWIG wrapper and in developing Dlang DarkGDK, it wouldn't have been possible without the TGC community.

I swear to the programmers bible that I shall not harm the FPS.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FlexiCat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2012 16:10 Edited at: 16th Jun 2012 16:34
BUGS:
When closing a simpleWindow thing happen faster and cannot close naturaly (for example spinningCube spins faster) however Mistrel tells me that DarkGDK2 RC5 will either eliminate or change this issue, when RC5 arrives this bug will be revisited.

The current guide seems to not result in a console-less application in debug mode, may be normal.

PATCH NOTES:
1.0: First release, needs testing beyond spinning cube.

Any further information on the state of Dlang DarkGDK will be reflected in this post for minor changes or the original post for larger changes.

I swear to the programmers bible that I shall not harm the FPS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:34:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:34:54