Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / making an android app problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive just finished making my app and i want to make it into and android app so i went through the quiet complicated steps that tgc give and got to the point where im told to "use android tools> fix project properties" and in doing this i should be able to make my app but no matter how many times i do it the "mark" does not "disappear" ( this is all in tier 1 (basic) publishing for android 2.3 about 35 bullet points down).

if anyone can help please do, even if you know a youtube link or somthing more helpful than what ive got please help.

ps.

no offence tgc but im just not as intellegent as you so dont understand what im suppost to do.

kirtnicholls
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 19:12 Edited at: 18th Jun 2012 19:13
It can be confusing the first few times, but it gets easier with practice.

Firstly, you need to find out what the error is - there are a few things that could be wrong, but there is no point guessing when we can get the exact error from eclipse.

If you go to the problems tab in eclipse, it will tell you what the problem is.

Post that on here and someone will be able to help you further.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, it says i dont have a folder called "gen" and i dont knwo whaere to find it :/

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 20:49
You need to manually create the 'gen' directory in your Android project directory.

For compiling your game, as opposed to the Android Player, make sure you edit the AndroidManifest.xml to set the package to one appropriate for you and your game. It is the fourth line in the file. It should be something like 'com.yourcompany.your_game_name'. All lower case, no spaces.

And change the 'name' value in <yourappdir>.project to be the name of your game without spaces, like 'YourGameName'.

And change the 'app_name' value in res/values/strings.xml to have the same name of your game, but it can include spaces, like 'Your Game Name'.

You need to do all of those steps with Eclipse closed so that it recognizes all the values when building the app.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 21:16 Edited at: 18th Jun 2012 21:22
Quote: " it says i dont have a folder called "gen" and i dont knwo whaere to find it :/"

I get this every time I start a new project, but it goes away as eclipse creates this folder for you.

If it doesn't, you might want to check your folder permissions.
Quote: "You need to manually create the 'gen' directory in your Android project directory."

You could do, but shouldn't need to. Building a project, rebuilds both the bin and gen folders automatically.

Edit:

It might also be worth checking you have "Build Automatically", selected. That way it will generate the folder as soon as you clean the project.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
is there another written version of what to do becsause im going to start again, nothing is working and its annoying so im starting from the beggining.

thankyou for your help though

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2012 23:13
Which one are you using? The pdf or the guide from the documentation pages?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
The documentation pages would you advise the PDF?

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 17:27
I set my stuff up with the documentation page. But I've also been a programmer/system admin/db admin/general guru for 30 years.

I looked briefly at the current PDF and it is much more detailed, with screen shots and things.

It might help you. But if you are already at the stage where you are trying to connect with Eclipse, it has more information than you might need.

This is the download link for the PDF: https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2331477

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the help sorry for late reply.

kirtnicholls
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
ive made it now but when i test it on a simulator it doesnt load at all just asks if i want to force shut it down or wait

kirtnicholls
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry for being a pain

kirtnicholls
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 00:59
Well, I never got the Android simulator to work, either.

I test by connecting an Android tablet and running the app on it (started by Eclipse).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try that then thankyou

kirtnicholls
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
google said
Quote: "Google Play does not accept apks signed with the debug certificate. Create a new certificate that is valid for at least 50 years."

when i tried to upload my app, what does this mean?:S

kirtnicholls
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 13:33
Within Eclipse, right click on your Project, Click 'Android Tools' and then select 'Export Signed Application Package'. Fill out all the details and click export... You will then have a signed apk...

Good luck...
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thank you, i dont understand how to make the certificate :/ ive tried looking on many websites but they dont make sence.
sorry for being annoying

kirtnicholls
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 21:46
Kirtn14, are you saying you are still having issues? Or was that more of a statement? Anyhoo, if you follow my last post, that process will create a certificate and will produce a signed apk.
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
it asks for a file after my app name what file does it want? i made one but it keeps saying the text file is empty

kirtnicholls
kirtn14
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks sorry i have blond moments thanks for the help

kirtnicholls

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 12:56:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 12:56:07