Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Some questions that I need answered please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 19:39
So I asked a couple of these questions in the DBPro forums and have not recieved an answer. If anyone could answer these, it would be a huge help.

First of all, I was browsing the forums today and noticed someone said:

Quote: "i do not believe extends will run on windows 7 even in xp mode."

Now, I am purchasing DarkGame Studio today, and my system is pretty up to date. Does this mean there is something in the package that I will not be able to use? This would be good to know.

That brings me to a second question about plugins. While using DBPro Free, I noticed it had the Green Ear plugin... which no longer is sold and the website for it is down How does this plugin work, or is it just dead weight?

Is there any other plugins I should know about that does not work with Windows 7?

And last but not least, I am almost done reading DarkBasic Programming for the Absolute Beginner which is a fantastic book. Is there also other easy to follow books to help someone jump into programming with DBPro? I know TGC sells Hands on Dark Basic Volume 1 and 2 (Which I can get on amazon as well).. are these worth the buy?

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who takes the time to answer these questions for me.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 12:22
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 09:56:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 09:56:24