Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS apps and system requirements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm very close to submitting my app to apple now.

One thing I did not see on the app management pages was a place to list system requirements for the app. I recall seeing a place to enter specific hardware needed but not one to list specific devices your app will run on.

In the case of my app, I don't want to officially support iPod touches before the 4th generation or iPhones before 3GS and would like users to be aware of that before downloading.

Does anyone know if there is a place to enter specific system requirements at some point when uploading the binary or did I miss an entry field somewhere?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Generally you can only restrict usage by iOS version and hardware capabilities, not by a particular model. The UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key can be added to your info.plist with values indicating what features the device must support, but unless your app truly requires such hardware features this is discouraged (you can see a list of all values by looking up this key here).
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
you can chose the smallest version of the OS your app supports.

you can release an ipad only app.

but you can't release an iphone or ipod touch only app.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
one option would be to make your app iOS 5 only. most 3gs owners are still on os 4.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
I decide to simply add recommended devices in the app description..

My slowest device for testing is an iPod Touch 4th Gen so that's the slowest device that I KNOW it runs well on.

I imagine it will run well on iPod Touch 3rd Gen devices (not including the 8GB model which only has 128mb system ram), but since I don't own one for testing I'm only recommending what I know works well. Hopefully those with earlier generation devices than my recommendations won't complain if it runs a bit slower.

My device recommendations were as follows:

iPod Touch (4th Gen or later), iPhone 4 (or later), iPad (Any)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:04:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:04:59