Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / One last question.....today :P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2012 21:43
Ok, one question I left out of my other post:

Is it possible to create a facebook app through DBPro? It may have been asked already, but I am still learning to navigate these forums.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 10:03
DBP is aimed to create local games on computers. If you are looking to program web apps, I suggest looking into Java or HTML 5.

TheComet

Big Dog Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 10:27
This I do know.... and it is what I planned to do. I was just curious whether anyone had found a way to create web apps using DBPro. I have a couple of arcade games I am working on and thought that one of them would be better on the web. I know that XNA can be transferred via Silverlight to the web.. as stated here http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/03/xna-2d-games-come-to-the-browser-via-silverlight/. I didn't know whether DBPro could be utilized the same way. (Yes I know XNA is C# based)

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 06:11
I believe TGC will be adding web based program output to AGK. You could get the free version of AppGameKit, to see if you like it.

Some days, the bear will eat you.
Some days, you'll eat the bear.
Today, I'm eating the bear!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 12:21
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 21:23
Quote: "Unhelpful Titles"

^ What he said.

Also, perhaps if you make a "general questions thread", keep it in one thread instead of making
Quote: "Over 9000"
other threads.

Maybe mods could edit this into the other "I have a question"-type threads of OP's (If they can, I have yet to see the Mod Console so I dunno if there's a "fusion" button there or not).

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 02:37
Quote: "Also, perhaps if you make a "general questions thread", keep it in one thread instead of making"

I tried to say that a while ago and

Quote: "Maybe mods could edit this into the other "I have a question"-type threads of OP's (If they can, I have yet to see the Mod Console so I dunno if there's a "fusion" button there or not)."

however the idea of creating HTML based games inside of DBP appeals to me somewhat

Big Dog Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 03:28
@Rich Dersheimer I saw that the AppGameKit is thinking about doing web design, however I was curious about DBPro itself considering that is what I am programming with.

@BatVink I apologize for the threads... if you remove them I can start new ones if it is needed. However, it was unintentional.

@NonZero I have attempted a couple of posts about what I wanted and no one answered... This particular question had been an afterthought.

@MrValentine Yes, the idea of being able to write games using DBPro and finding a way to convert them to web based games is a very interesting concept.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 03:44
Quote: "interesting concept."

not really a concept, more a theory with a high in fact DO-ABLE prospect... I may attempt this after the summer period...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 11:37:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 11:37:06