Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Atlas Texture Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 12:16 Edited at: 21st Jun 2012 12:20

I thought I was going crazy, but it's not me (at least in this instance). In this picture, there's two different sets of stripes - the picture on top is when I use Atlas textures for the road (which appears wrong), whereas the one on the bottom uses individual textures (which appears correctly).

I've looked at my subimages.txt files for my atlas textures, and they appear correct. I'm not sure how I can fix this - is this in internal AppGameKit issue with the UV/UT texture info for the source images, and the fact that I'm scaling sprites?

EDIT: Here's another pic, using a different atlas texture, showing more texture distortion for the stripes - they don't even line up on either side anymore....

As for the subimages file, the source image is 1024x512.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 15:01
Are you using UV Wrapping to get the stripes to repeat?

Atlas subimages and Texture wrapping don't mix.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 22:20
No I'm not using UV wrapping, it's actually 320 sprites scaled and positioned from the bottom half of the screen downwards. I tried scaling down the ground image from 1024x512 to 256x128, and it works.

So I'm guessing there's a bug with the UV coords somewhere with Atlas textuers.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 06:54:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 06:54:46