Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Sprite Me]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it was Robert who developed it not sure.

I have loaded a mesh into SpriteMe along with the texturing just fine, however I cannot seem to get a 'top-down' view even with modifying all the existing controls. I want to be able to move the Z-angle so I can get a complete top down view of the currently loaded mesh... how would I achieve this? I am assuming (due to maximum positions available for the camera) that this may need to be updated in the source and recompiled?

Anyhow, thought I would post this here as this forum is more active than the others also it was developed primarily for AppGameKit according to the description.

Thanks in advance
Danny

// EOF
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2012 21:55
Hi Sting

I have both Sprite Me and Model 2 sprite. In Sprite me I don't see how to get a top down image. In Model 2 Sprite very easy to get. Maybe someone out there knows how to get it with Sprite Me

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response bud. I don't fancy splashing out on another £12.99 for something that should really do the same.

I am completely dumbfounded as to why TGC offer two rival products on the same site at the same price especially when the only difference between the two is the fact SpriteME doesn't allow you to get a top-down view...

Very Strange. I hope Robert passes by this thread sometime soon with an update...

// EOF
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking of buying sprite me, but this puts me off. I wondered why TGC was selling both on an offer. Seems crazy to have to use 2 apps to cover all bases for something like this.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Under the "Orientation" tab you can alter the camera's X angle, that should allow you to get a top down view.

Sean

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
That sounds better. Just a matter of knowing the program then

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Sean! I had knrxb in my head for some reason! Weird!

Anyhow, I've tried moving the X, I've tried them all. I cannot achieve the top-down view with any of the character entities I have loaded in. They seem to either go, left-right, forward-backward, rotate and the Z-Axs rotates the object around it's center point that is it.

I am looking for a complete top-down view and after modifying all the sliders in the orientation tab I cannot seem to achieve this

// EOF
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 13:01 Edited at: 26th Jun 2012 15:47
@Hockeykid
I am on my tablet now. When I get back to my PC I will check it out. Thanks

DennisW

Ham and Eggs Breakfast
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 16:22 Edited at: 26th Jun 2012 16:23
Quote: "Anyhow, I've tried moving the X, I've tried them all. I cannot achieve the top-down view with any of the character entities I have loaded in. They seem to either go, left-right, forward-backward, rotate and the Z-Axs rotates the object around it's center point that is it."

You can see how I achieved a top down view in picture below. If this still doesn't work, it could be from the way your objects were exported from your modeling program. If this is the case, email me one of the models you're attempting to use(assuming you have the rights to redistribute it) and I can take a closer look at it.

Sean

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Sean, I hereby declare myself unfit for work the rest of the week for not spotting this

I think I got caught up in importing, rotating, animating and exporting at a fast pace because SpriteMe is something I've been looked for, for AGES!

It works a treat at that angle, mucho gracis and well done on developing a much needed and cool app.

Danny

// EOF
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 01:27
I to was able to get the top down view. Thanks for showing how.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 04:49:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 04:49:34